Does anyone know how to ride and chew gum? - Page 5 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #61
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie82 View Post

In my late forties, I diet and exercise to keep to 190lbs, not really what anyone would call skinny or under fed. I can still do 6 pullups, 50 pushups and situps in two minutes, each event, and run 2 miles in 14 minutes. That was the minimum standard for the ARMY PT test for Ranger school. I hope to skinny back to 170lbs. I bought and use my gym membership; it makes me feel better.

100lbs overweight is obese and just not healthy. It causes heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral artery disease, and high cholesterol, etc, etc, enough said.

Just because you favor self described "overweight, over rate, over priced, slow parade float, buy all the appropriate biker (pirate) gear, proper patches and trinkets" doesn't mean I also have to.

If you find solace in your choices, I'm glad it makes you happy. Remember, it doesn't mean everyone has to make the same choices.
Tongue firmly in cheak I guess does not always translate in a post, sorry, I meant it to funny Everything above is very true, my cardiologist said so and he is a Dr and knows about these things. I ride a R, not the aformentioned float. And as I begin my 5 decade, I admit to being a bit more linebacker than safety (shape wise), I most certainley do not have a Bar and Shield shaped posterior, one of my good friends on here would have told me, I think.... guys seriously, tell me it is not Bar and Shield shaped is it? Guys...?
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #62
BT
I lift heavy things.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I joke about "big boned" as that's what lard asses usually say why they are over weight......

Or my other I favorite is " I just can't lose any weight" well fuccin stop feeding crap into ur mouth !!!!!!!

Or "I got a slow metabolism" ....yeah wot ever !!!!
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #63
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
What about opera singers that said they needed to be fat to SUPPORT THE VOICE??? Nowodays thry NEED to look like frikkin' models, unfortunately because those pretty faced "div@s" are not even the shadow of yesteryear's...

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #64
Rich Moran
Riding the good life

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
As long as they have tig-ol-bitties

( @ )( @ )

and a big smile, I say turn off the lights and have a ball. You'll never regret it or forget it. I have refused rides on my bike though due to size - but just once.

Ah, mate, it is good to see that you did not drop the bar on quality. Otherwise we'd think you were'nt yourself!!

Izat bigenuffurya??
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #65
Cowpieapex
Registered Geezer

What he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool K View Post
Definitely a situation where he should have tried hanging off the bike to shift the weight and not dig in...

Despite his inappropriate equipment that bike could clearly negotiate that corner at that speed.
The rider held his body above the center-line of the bike until his leg was dragged under.
If he had climbed into the curve and ridden that big ol' floorboard he could have given up 5 degrees or more of lean angle.
Try it.
Shift your body off center while traveling straight. Notice your bike is now leaning a few degrees to compensate for the weight shift.
Likewise if you start by shifting your shoulders and that 20 pounds of useless fat (your head) down and in, roll your knee out to make room to lower that expensive beer gut and you'll come through just fine.
Of course that bike will be even more tricked out next time it rolls out and the riders chagrined smirk says it will be back up as soon as he strokes that check.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #66
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
As long as they have tig-ol-bitties ( @ )( @ ) and a big smile, I say turn off the lights and have a ball. You'll never regret it or forget it. I have refused rides on my bike though due to size - but just once.

Really?

Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #67
Philthy
Registered Full

Re: Vambos photos, which I refuse to repost with my reply, Boobs should be on the front of a woman, not the back! Just saying ........
Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #68
Philthy
Registered Full

I agree with the critique that the rider could have very easily backed out a touch and saved himself a bunch of grief. Not so apparent in that video is the uphill grade in that corner when ridden that direction. It is fairly steep, and rolling off at any point in that corner will drop your speed fast.

Where he got off the corner tightens up a touch, and there is a whoopie in the pavement that has made more than one bike step out a bit if the rider stays in it hard at that point. If you stay in close to the center line, no problem. Get wide there and you might have a problem. This guy did.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #69
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #70
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
A lot of my friends are fat, I'll never forget the fat girl I laid in high school, I like a little fat on my steaks - fat's not all bad
All meat goes bad.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #71
Lady F
Nicole

Back to topic ... I see someone said wrong bike for the job, I say wrong luck/skill set. I have a friend who takes his Sabre and his RG on the Dragon with no issues ... cuz' he rides in his skill set. The first photo is Jet on his Sabre, the rest are Jet on his RG ... keeping your feet off the pavement is key. (JMHO)

PS I can Ride and Chew Gum ... But I only do so when riding w/o a helmet. It makes my jaw ache to do so with my full face on .
Lady F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #72
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Bottom line: If the rider would have done everything right, he could have saved it.
That said: It's really hard to react calmly with precise inputs when the metal starts draggin and the turn starts to tighten.

Best dismount I've ever seen.

Vambo, the pic goes too far - UHG! No bike could haul that -
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #73
Lady F
Nicole

Quote:
Bottom line: If the rider would have done everything right, he could have saved it.
That said: It's really hard to react calmly with precise inputs when the metal starts draggin and the turn starts to tighten.

Best dismount I've ever seen.

Vambo, the pic goes too far - UHG! No bike could haul that -
True
Lady F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #74
rc4man
EXCELSIOR

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To address the thread title, I guess some have trouble "multi-tasking"
Old 11-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #75
Lady F
Nicole