Insight of Toxic XXL drag bars?? Drag bar help - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
jaxx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Insight of Toxic XXL drag bars?? Drag bar help

Done some searches on here, see Toxic exhaust mentioned a bit but no real good reviews on their XXL drag bars as far as looks, comfortability, and how they hold up over time. Anyone help a guy out?

Or have any other suggestions for a nice black drag bar, prefer the fat 1 1/4 looking bars, and under $200 if possible.

Suggestions on some cool looking risers would also be appreciated. I am ordering a NLC airbox later in the winter and will be relocating my guages to my airbox at that time so handlebars will be a clean look. Thanks guys!!!
jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
xxxxxxxxxxRatmonkey

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got them on mine and love them. They look tough and have the recess for threading the wiring through them. I instantly felt in more control of the bike when I first tried them. I know thats a just a mind thing. One of the better mods that I have done so far.
Took me a while to fit as I had to cut the wiring to be able to thread them through. So far the the finish has stood up really well as I ride in all weathers.

xxxxxxxxxxRatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Knut J
V-rodder since -03

Hei.

http://www.burleighbars.com.au/bars/...ramrod_44.html

Sorry, they are not cheap..

Regards
Knut.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
jaxx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by knut johansen View Post
Hei.

http://www.burleighbars.com.au/bars/...ramrod_44.html

Sorry, they are not cheap..

Regards
Knut.
Those are deifinitely nice bars but I think I am going to stick to the $200 Toxic ones and use the rest for additional mods. Have to many things I want to put on it, have to budget somewhere or my wife may have me sleeping beside it and not her...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
jaxx
Registered Full

Thanks for the reivew. They deifinitely look good on their and the price is decent enough I can run them for a while and if I decide down the road I want something else, I didn't spend $800 to find out. You have me sold on them, thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmonkey View Post
Got them on mine and love them. They look tough and have the recess for threading the wiring through them. I instantly felt in more control of the bike when I first tried them. I know thats a just a mind thing. One of the better mods that I have done so far.
Took me a while to fit as I had to cut the wiring to be able to thread them through. So far the the finish has stood up really well as I ride in all weathers.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
FIREFIGHTER
Registered Full

I went with Drag Specialties and I love em !
FIREFIGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
FIREFIGHTER
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
Thanks for the reivew. They deifinitely look good on their and the price is decent enough I can run them for a while and if I decide down the road I want something else, I didn't spend $800 to find out. You have me sold on them, thanks...
What brand of mirrors are those ? sweet .
FIREFIGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
jaxx
Registered Full

From the looks of his sig, they are Highway Hawk Agila mirrors
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
LudaGrys
Registered Full

Those are toxic bars? I only have a few more mods left and this was one of the ones left... I'm guessing you can find these on the toxic website?

#NoLiesNoPromises
LudaGrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
jaxx
Registered Full

Yes they are on the Toxic website as well as on Ebay.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
xxxxxxxxxxRatmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREFIGHTER View Post
What brand of mirrors are those ? sweet .
Yes they are the Highway Hawk Agila mirrors. Just another point about the Toxic bars, you dont have to run the wires inside them if you dont feel confident cutting the wires. (The multiplug connectors are too big to go through). Also, you dont have to extend the brake or clutch lines at all
xxxxxxxxxxRatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
jaxx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmonkey View Post
Yes they are the Highway Hawk Agila mirrors. Just another point about the Toxic bars, you dont have to run the wires inside them if you dont feel confident cutting the wires. (The multiplug connectors are too big to go through). Also, you dont have to extend the brake or clutch lines at all
Thanks for the additional info man, I am fine with cutting wires, I did all my own custom work on my Rocker C. The one thing I hadn't considered though is whether I will have problems with this XXL setup and the NLC airbox I plan on ordering with my build later this winter. I messaged their sales department to see what kind of rise, degree / pullback, and width I need out of my bars to work with their airbox so nothing hits when I turn the handlebars. These forums are great for saving alot of wasted money just to find out things won't work together and having to order something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement