What did you do to your V-Rod today - Page 249 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #3721
bigjames4xl
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown View Post
That is supposed to be a "new" model?
It's just like most everything else the MOCO makes these days. It's just a mix and match of off the shelf parts and they put some new name on it.

I like it because I don't want all the gee gaws and electronics that come on the Street Glide and Road Glide, And, when you remove the saddlebags it doesn't look like something is missing as it does if you take them off the Street or Road Glide models. The same thing could be accomplished with a Dyna Glide with forward controls and add the detacthable bags but I will just go with the "Switchback" if we can get together on the deal.

It's a shame the Vrods are so limited in models so parts could be mixed and matched to come up with a suitable touring bike.

SWITCHED

bigjames4xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #3722
josephthreedogs
reservation dogs

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjames4xl View Post
Almost traded it for a new Switchback! Still might do it if I can get the deal I want.

Rode the Switchback about 20 miles yesterday and was surprised that it runs better than I expected. Engine wise it felt great till the rev limiter shuts it down when it started feeling real good. In first gear the limiter comes on so soon it's freaky! Once I got used to that in all the other gears it pulls real good and didn't feel like a slug the way I expected it would, nothing like a Vrod performance wise though. It also rode a little rougher than I expected, but if I added a tallboy seat to it it would be very comfortable for me and that's what I'm after now. The one I tried was red with chrome wheels and it looked very good. The chrome wheels are running the price up beyond where I want it and the dealer is not "dealing" at all. I'm going to make them one more offer. If that doesn't work then it's off to see if another dealer will work with me.

The Switchback is a very good choice, I tell everyone it's the airhead version of a Vrod. I have two and love them.
josephthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #3723
josephthreedogs
reservation dogs

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad_nuke View Post
But do they have their own cool forum? I doubt it.
Yes they do, switchback.com
josephthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #3724
bigjames4xl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephthreedogs View Post
Thanks for the info sir!

SWITCHED

Old 11-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3725
rawb101
RIDE HARD!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just sent out my Vance & Hines slip-ons to get ceramic coated and my heat shields powder coated 30%... cant wait to see the finish product...STAY TUNED FOR PICS!!
rawb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #3726
stevedanger
Registered Full

Took my beloved 2012 back to the stealership as after 4 months the black coating on my engine had started to oxidise. was told it looked like salt damage. They started to salt the roads 3 days ago, bikes been in the garage for 1 1/2 months. Methinks its a pretty poor finish. Ordered some p100 to hopefully shift it GRRRRRRR!!!! Its only done 2700 miles it shouldn't **** up this soon I know......
stevedanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #3727
stevedanger
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Threw on my new memphis shade bullet fairing.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Motorcycle.com Free App
That fairings bad ass. Do you keep the stock headlight??
stevedanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #3728
Daniii
Geezer

I went to get the bike inspected, but discovered cord showing on the rear tire. Guess it's time for the dealer to come and replace the 18th rear tire. Think the front needs replacing as well. I've only been through 10 of those.

This is as amusing as watching chimps in a zoo, only without having to dodge flung poo. (Coonass)
Daniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #3729
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephthreedogs View Post
That's a consulting service, and you nose is growing. Lol. How did you fry your ECM?
Rad_nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #3730
bigjames4xl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad_nuke View Post
That's a consulting service, and you nose is growing. Lol. How did you fry your ECM?
I found it !

http://switchbackowners.proboards.com

AND, me and the dealer are on the same page now! Plan to pull the trigger Friday!

SWITCHED

Old 11-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #3731
Daniii
Geezer

Quote:
I found it !

http://switchbackowners.proboards.com

AND, me and the dealer are on the same page now! Plan to pull the trigger Friday!
I don't get what makes this different from all the other airhead HD's out there.

This is as amusing as watching chimps in a zoo, only without having to dodge flung poo. (Coonass)
Daniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #3732
rainey5230
Rainey

Hi all
I am a new member from Taiwan.

09~up V-rod can't pass our air pollution ,so We only have 03-06 model in our country.
I bought a 06' VRSC. I love it. very nice bike , and the speed in turn curve. fest then my M109R.
I did this yesterday
and I am making mid chrome heat shield now

rainey5230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #3733
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniii View Post
I don't get what makes this different from all the other airhead HD's out there.
them airheads are all the same more or less... To each their own....

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #3734
bigjames4xl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniii View Post
HDs brilliant marketing touts it as a smaller, lighter more nimble dresser for the younger riders and yes, women. Hence the term "road queen" as opposed to "road king" has been coined. Seems derogatory to me but all that from the same people who don't know how to market or appreciate the vrod either.

It is a good bit lighter than the street glides and road glides. Also the bags and windshield pop right off and the bike is instantly a cruiser. That's the draw for me. I don't want a land yacht with a gozillion amp stereo, cupholders, and a display counter full of geegaws randomly attached. And to my surprise, the 103 motor pushes it along pretty good, not vrod fast but strong and capable of high speed cruising.

SWITCHED

Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #3735
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
HDs brilliant marketing touts it as a smaller, lighter more nimble dresser for the younger riders and yes, women. Hence the term "road queen" as opposed to "road king" has been coined. Seems derogatory to me but all that from the same people who don't know how to market or appreciate the vrod either.

It is a good bit lighter than the street glides and road glides. Also the bags and windshield pop right off and the bike is instantly a cruiser. That's the draw for me. I don't want a land yacht with a gozillion amp stereo, cupholders, and a display counter full of geegaws randomly attached. And to my surprise, the 103 motor pushes it along pretty good, not vrod fast but strong and capable of high speed cruising.
I'll be interested to hear how it feels on longer rides for a big guy like you. It seems like you'd definitely be more comfy on a big bagger. Keep us posted.
Rad_nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement