Show your Cusomized VRSCR's!!! (Post some pics) - Page 21 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #301
Joel Andersson
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Like it nice ride "Bad ride inside" :-)
Joel Andersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #302
swampboogiedoug
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
After I install the Muscle trees ( so I can lower the front yet retain full fork travel ) and strap it on the dyno at R&B ( Red Rhea, local nitro bike tuner, did the head design for the recent Indian) I'll post the numbers. Next project will focus on internals so I can crank some boost.
swampboogiedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #303
dsb581
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampboogiedoug View Post
After I install the Muscle trees.
I understand that you have replaced the R's triple tee with the muscle triple tree, Have you solved completely the famous clunk?

And another question about the muscle triple tree, Is lighter than the R's triple tree?
dsb581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #304
eljaro
Registered Full

not much done to it, just repositioned th turn lights, new works shocks, raised fork tubes (with racetech innards), new black paint and lowered the rear also.

[IMG] [/IMG]
eljaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #305
dsb581
Registered Full

Hey, eljaro, I can see you have installed the Muscle speedometer, the '06 and before models hadn't clock function in the speedometer, but the '07 and earlier have the clock function.

With this speedometer installed, Has your motorbike the clock function?

I can see you were parked in the Palma de mallorca promenade, the Bellver hotel is in that avenue, I stayed in this hotel when I worked in Spanair.
dsb581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #306
nightrodbelgium

Mods in progress... Just finished painting my touring shield (to replace to sport shield) with the dragons and mounted the side solo saddle on the left side, but no picture yet (raining)... Need to proceed further with the total paint...

nightrodbelgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #307
original v-rod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenjoe01 View Post
Heres my work in progress. More pictures in my gallery. Check out my burnout videos in the movie section also.
Is that a zx6 rear fender? That looks sweeto..is there a company that makes that or did you fab it yourself?
original v-rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #308
original v-rod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just realized how old this post was..oops.
original v-rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #309
nightrodbelgium

... and just realised it was for VRSCR's... I am
nightrodbelgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #310
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What can be seen: XR-1200 wheels, longer than stock Works Aluminum Street Tracker shocks, Supersport Windshield, Sport Saddlebags, DX riser, top clamp and instrument housing, R guages in the DX instrument housing, Flanders 27 inch, 18 degree pullback drag bars, Marsee tank bag, custom tank bra hides a used aluminum air box lid, stock seat re-padded for more width and height.

What you can't see: Race Tech Gold Valve, Race Tech fork springs, True-Track Linkage, updated lower triple clamp with steel steering stem.
The bags and brackets can be ditched in five minutes for sport riding, and the Supersport windshield can be replaced by a VRSCX Drag Screen in maybe ten minutes if the mood suits me.

This is a harmonious, flexible and happy combination, even if it violates just about every notion of what a "Harley Davidson" is supposed to be. The photos were taken just as the sun was peaking over the horizon on a mid October Mojave Desert morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1602.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	190621   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1609.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	190622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1604.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	190623   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1608.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	190624  
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #311
FastVRJohnny
Banned

That looks like a very comfy cruiser Phil.
FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #312
mikeinatlanta
relaxed and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
What can be seen: XR-1200 wheels, longer than stock Works Aluminum Street Tracker shocks, Supersport Windshield, Sport Saddlebags, DX riser, top clamp and instrument housing, R guages in the DX instrument housing, Flanders 27 inch, 18 degree pullback drag bars, Marsee tank bag, custom tank bra hides a used aluminum air box lid, stock seat re-padded for more width and height.

What you can't see: Race Tech Gold Valve, Race Tech fork springs, True-Track Linkage, updated lower triple clamp with steel steering stem.
The bags and brackets can be ditched in five minutes for sport riding, and the Supersport windshield can be replaced by a VRSCX Drag Screen in maybe ten minutes if the mood suits me.

This is a harmonious, flexible and happy combination, even if it violates just about every notion of what a "Harley Davidson" is supposed to be. The photos were taken just as the sun was peaking over the horizon on a mid October Mojave Desert morning.
Can you post some profile pics from the left side, and maybe bags off? I was thinking a tank mod and rear shocks a little longer than yours but it would be nice to see how the swingarm angle looks. I was also thinking about XR wheels also but the look isn't doing it for me. Maybe some pics without the bags will change that.

Right now I am looking at having my stock wheels lightened at the machine shop. I know the rubber isn't as good but the Cobras seem good enough.
mikeinatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #313
Philthy
Registered Full

Same bike after fifteen minutes of wrench turning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1634.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	190921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1635.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	190922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1639.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	190923   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1638.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	190924  
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #314
Philthy
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Can you post some profile pics from the left side, and maybe bags off? I was thinking a tank mod and rear shocks a little longer than yours but it would be nice to see how the swingarm angle looks. I was also thinking about XR wheels also but the look isn't doing it for me. Maybe some pics without the bags will change that.

Right now I am looking at having my stock wheels lightened at the machine shop. I know the rubber isn't as good but the Cobras seem good enough.
The shocks on this bike are as long as you can go with the stock fuel tank. The crossmember on the swingarm is barely 1 mm away from touching the fuel tank at full extension. I would be very curious what sort of fuel tank mod you have in mind, because the shocks I have are adjustable length and I have only used two threads of the adjustment.

The sizes of the XR-1200 wheels, 18X3.5 front and 17X5.5, are what attracted me to them. There is a much larger selection of high performance rubber available in those sizes, and the bike turns in very nice and is dead neutral when banked over with these wheels, running a 180/55ZR17 rear and 120/70ZR18 front. The front wheel was a bolt on using VRSCX/VRSCAW front rotors, 25 mm axle and the stock XR inner wheel spacer and axle spacers.

The rear wheel was an engineering exercise. The rear pulley is called the Isolated Drive System and was available in the 2008 P&A Catalog as a conversion for 2007/08 touring bikes. A 30T pulley is up front. Both the pulley and rear rotor, another VRSCAW front rotor, required spacers and the axle spacers are custom length too. The belt is from a Victory Cross Country narrowed from 28 mm to 1 inch to fit the HD pulley! I needed something 147 teeth long with the same tooth pitch as an HD belt, and this was it. I am more than happy with the way it turned out however. If you could find a 66 tooth rear pulley you could use a 28 tooth front pulley and a 145 tooth belt from a Buell 1125R. Finding a belt and pully combo for aftermarket wheels, considering their different rolling diameter, is a real devil. My gearing is within 1% or so of stock V-Rod 30T (European) gearing. If I ran the 28T front pulley the gearing would slightly shorter than stock 28T gearing. I don't do drag races, I like the taller gearing for desert running. Like I said, I am really happy with how it worked out.

Oh yes, bare XR wheels with no bearings are only $319 each. Something to consider when you see how quickly the price of rotors, axles, spacers, pulleys, belts and tires, plus labor, adds up.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #315
mikeinatlanta
relaxed and happy

The tank plastic can be reformed with heat. No big deal as long as you are very careful how you go about it. How much longer could you make your shocks?
mikeinatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement