Does anyone know how to ride and chew gum? - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #46
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Dumbass and very lucky.
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #47
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie82 View Post
Flipping throught the Rock store photos raises a question. Are most HD touring bike riders 100lbs overweight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Well at least 47%!
Ouch!

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #48
cycorod
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice dismount & bike. My theory on a good portion of HD riders being over weight is probably due to the fact that they ride to the first bar they come across, sit down at the bar, order a few dozen wings with a few or more beers to wash them down.
cycorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #49
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie82 View Post
Flipping throught the Rock store photos raises a question. Are most HD touring bike riders 100lbs overweight?
Yes we are, and we are damn proud to be able to live to such excess that we can afford an overwieght, over rate, over priced, slow parade float, buy all the appropriate biker (pirate) gear, proper patches and trinkets AND still afford to eat and drink well enough to have the proper HD body type. The rest of you skinny, under fed, style mongering sport bike riders can kiss my Orange and Black, Bar and Shield shaped Azz.
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #50
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrman View Post
Yes we are, and we are damn proud to be able to live to such excess that we can afford an overwieght, over rate, over priced, slow parade float, buy all the appropriate biker (pirate) gear, proper patches and trinkets AND still afford to eat and drink well enough to have the proper HD body type. The rest of you skinny, under fed, style mongering sport bike riders can kiss my Orange and Black, Bar and Shield shaped Azz.

Oh fock, that was a good laugh. You have to love a guy that's totally comfortable in his own skin, with his bike and his orange and black shield shaped azz!
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #51
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Actually, I'm not buying that. The crash was caused by too much throttle, it's only a fat, under-powered, wheezy Harley, all he had to do was roll off, it practically happened in slow motion, he had ages to stop doing what was causing it, but he just kept blindly on and on doing it, it was an epic and spectacular cockup and you'd have to be an idiot or drunk or something to do it.
Like I said before, he just had to let off the throttle and brake a little and his bike would've survived, but instead he kept shifting his body to compensate for the turn, probably trying to keep pace with the guy ahed of him or trying not to look as if he had a 1000 pound cow glider.... EPIC FOOL...

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #52
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABSTER View Post
Like I said before, he just had to let off the throttle and brake a little and his bike would've survived, but instead he kept shifting his body to compensate for the turn, probably trying to keep pace with the guy ahed of him or trying not to look as if he had a 1000 pound cow glider.... EPIC FOOL...
WOW Fabski, All that from a 3 second clip, over the net, shot long range and grainy to boot? LOL!

Anyone who has ever severely scraped any part or their bike, at "speed", and hard enough to flip it, will tell you how quickly it flips and jerks, how hard it jars your whole body and the 800# of bike and how difficult it is to maintain proper momentum.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #53
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Will I need to make a compendium of all my posts? Here's the summary and it's more or less what anyone will conclude: He never made an effort to slow down, he's probably trying to keep pace with the sportbike in front of him in a 800 bagger, his footrest scraped the pavement (giving him a warning notice already and it was not a whole body jarring scrape) and all he did was trying to shift his weight to compensate. Too proud to slow down in front of the cameras? Well, there's your pride walking away from the wrecked bike... If we're going to judge his "dismounting technique" (if such a thing actually exists) he's got 150 out of 100, if judging his riding abilities, well, look at the bike and give him his grade... The point is to avoid using your "dismounting techniques" using proper "riding techniques", isn't it"??? All he had to do was slow down, not much...

Again, all that occured in a flash as does any wreck or misfortune while riding and it's always easy to judge from this side and not from his, but he was lucky he got spit out of the bike the way he did and like you said, would not amaze me if he has been in a similar situation before, unless any of you had "dismounting techniques" training with the chance of actually wrecking a bike (and yourself) for the sake of "rehearsing it" and getting better at walking away from a wreck like this guy did...

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
Ernie82
boredom kills

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrman View Post
In my late forties, I diet and exercise to keep to 190lbs, not really what anyone would call skinny or under fed. I can still do 6 pullups, 50 pushups and situps in two minutes, each event, and run 2 miles in 14 minutes. That was the minimum standard for the ARMY PT test for Ranger school. I hope to skinny back to 170lbs. I bought and use my gym membership; it makes me feel better.

100lbs overweight is obese and just not healthy. It causes heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral artery disease, and high cholesterol, etc, etc, enough said.

Just because you favor self described "overweight, over rate, over priced, slow parade float, buy all the appropriate biker (pirate) gear, proper patches and trinkets" doesn't mean I also have to.

If you find solace in your choices, I'm glad it makes you happy. Remember, it doesn't mean everyone has to make the same choices.

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #55
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
100lbs. Over Is 60lbs past obese and considering the charts are now skewed in favor of fat asses that number is being very friendly to them. Being back here in upstate NY for the week made me forget that 9 out of 10 people including their candy eating Pepsi drinking kids are lard asses too
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #56
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A lot of my friends are fat, I'll never forget the fat girl I laid in high school, I like a little fat on my steaks - fat's not all bad
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #57
BT
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
A lot of my friends are fat, I'll never forget the fat girl I laid in high school, I like a little fat on my steaks - fat's not all bad
Like I said just big boned.......hahahaha
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #58
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABSTER View Post
Will I need to make a compendium of all my posts? Here's the summary and it's more or less what anyone will conclude: He never made an effort to slow down, he's probably trying to keep pace with the sportbike in front of him in a 800 bagger, his footrest scraped the pavement (giving him a warning notice already and it was not a whole body jarring scrape) and all he did was trying to shift his weight to compensate. Too proud to slow down in front of the cameras? Well, there's your pride walking away from the wrecked bike... If we're going to judge his "dismounting technique" (if such a thing actually exists) he's got 150 out of 100, if judging his riding abilities, well, look at the bike and give him his grade... The point is to avoid using your "dismounting techniques" using proper "riding techniques", isn't it"??? All he had to do was slow down, not much...

Again, all that occured in a flash as does any wreck or misfortune while riding and it's always easy to judge from this side and not from his, but he was lucky he got spit out of the bike the way he did and like you said, would not amaze me if he has been in a similar situation before, unless any of you had "dismounting techniques" training with the chance of actually wrecking a bike (and yourself) for the sake of "rehearsing it" and getting better at walking away from a wreck like this guy did...
Mounted police were at one time were all taught the technique of laying it down and dismounting. As I said, with the new brake tech now, it's become obsolete but there are still situations like this one that it can be the difference. And it's definitely a mindset with many riders.
Avoiding the use of these techniques is the ideal play for sure Fab, in an ideal world, but sometimes things can't be avoided and sometimes people go a bit too far without realizing it and sometimes mechanical failure or not the best rubber, slick surfaces/oil on the road can spoil your perfect ride.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #59
Ernie82
boredom kills

Safe flight back, hopefully it is before Weds' shit storm hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
Being back here in upstate NY for the week made me forget that 9 out of 10 people including their candy eating Pepsi drinking kids are lard asses too
I laughed so hard I spit espresso on my screen.

pgilliam1 & Big Tony; you have peaked my curiosity, what is your weight limit on "big boned" women?

Is it unlimited?

Do you stop at:
150lbs
200lbs
225lbs
250lbs or

Do you go as big as possible before hitting erectile dysfunction huge?

Do you have a requirement that a chick needs to fit on the back of your bike?
I ask because newer VROD's have a maximum gross vehicle rating of 1,075 lbs and in running order weigh 673lbs. That really only leaves 402lbs for a rider and their passenger; I would not want you to cause some kind of unsafe condition on the road.

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #60
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As long as they have tig-ol-bitties ( @ )( @ ) and a big smile, I say turn off the lights and have a ball. You'll never regret it or forget it. I have refused rides on my bike though due to size - but just once.

pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement