2013 owners w/ABS - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #31
stever975
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
The ABS light doesnt come on unless the ignition is ON. Thats the easiest way to tell IMO.
That method requires you to be close enough to touch the bike and to have the ignition key. The "look for ABS components method" requires neither.
stever975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #32
Lason
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stever975 View Post
That method requires you to be close enough to touch the bike and to have the ignition key. The "look for ABS components method" requires neither.
He has the bike at home, why would he not have the key and be able to get close enough to touch it?

Either way, sure, if you know what a ABS module looks like or where the wiring is for the ABS, look for that too. Like everything else, there is more than one way to do it.
-Customled tail light flasher module
-Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
-Dynojet Power Vision
-Vance and Hines Comp 2-1
-K&N air filter
Lason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
Seaman
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua022 View Post
I could have swore when I test drove it, it said security/abs on the tag, but when I picked it up the salesman said it didnt have it... its the same bike, they only had one.
The same thing happened to me, thought I was buying a bike w/ABS and security cause it was on the dealer tag. After I signed the papers and made the deal, and took the bike home I started thinking "where are my key fobs" for the security system? I called the dealer and he stated oh your bike didn't come with that package. I said but it's on the tag I have right here in my hand, then he explained that it's there listed as an option and was not in the "orange" part of the tag. I'm still kind of pissed, but I love my bike so much!
Some Kind of Tuner(?)
Integrated Turn signal mirrors
Backrest with luggage rack
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/us...659a7.jpg.htmlhttp://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/us...bd1cc.jpg.html
Seaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #34
eduardot
Registered Full

On a Bike as big and powerful as the NRS, ABS is a must, I have it and it does stop the bike withouth any skidding or rear lashes of lost control.
eduardot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
Z06_Pilot
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaman View Post
The same thing happened to me, thought I was buying a bike w/ABS and security cause it was on the dealer tag. After I signed the papers and made the deal, and took the bike home I started thinking "where are my key fobs" for the security system? I called the dealer and he stated oh your bike didn't come with that package. I said but it's on the tag I have right here in my hand, then he explained that it's there listed as an option and was not in the "orange" part of the tag. I'm still kind of pissed, but I love my bike so much!
Yea, that blows since ABS can't be added by the dealer....

..."took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on...." Bob Seger, "Roll Me Away"
Z06_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #36
Baldursscv
VRSCADX Ryder

I test rode the NRS in early June I told the sales guy I wanted ABS. When I decided to get one from him in late June he remembered. I was happy with him.
Baldursscv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
rbabos
Registered Full

Abs

Geeze. Doesn't anybody look at their bike. Not rocket science to see if it's equipped or not. Block under trees, sensors on each wheel. Not to mention the fact the price tag is different. Deeler here orders all bikes in with ABS, even though it's listed as an option. Major % of buyers want it.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #38
The1AndOnlyBug
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbabos View Post
Geeze. Doesn't anybody look at their bike. Not rocket science to see if it's equipped or not. Block under trees, sensors on each wheel. Not to mention the fact the price tag is different. Deeler here orders all bikes in with ABS, even though it's listed as an option. Major % of buyers want it.
Ron
No, not everybody knows what to look for. My 2012 is my first bike. I took the BRC in July, and told the instructor what I was gonna get for a bike, and he said that they all come with ABS.

It probably would have saved my ass when I dumped it at 9500 miles. I was slowing down to take a left turn in KS coming back from ME heading to CO and hit liquifed cow shit.
The1AndOnlyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement