Windshield - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #16
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by capncarp View Post
Seriously, I bought the Harley windshield, don't know which one offhand, but like it and I'm 6'2' and love it. It is quick detachable (four quick clamps) and on in three minutes, off in 30 seconds.

Just don't force the clamps to close.....the triggers are pot metal and if you have to use too much pressure to close you have something misaligned and they will break.........$35 bucks a clamp to replace.

Ignore luxlamf: I don't feel that a windshield truly destroys the "look" as bad as he makes it out for.

Sometimes, Function TRUMPS Form.........and he often misses this fact.

I don't believe I said anything about looks form or function. This is how shit starts.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Try a supersport first. Used, around 150 or so. If not high enough, the touring windshield is nice. I ride alot. I do 500 mile days. Day after day. I would not be able to do that without a wind shield. Rode 50 miles with a friend, who does not have one. He suffered. I did not.
This time, David was helpful and factual. As he points out, everyone is different, and where the wind is directed to is huge. On him, not so good. On you, might work. Try it! Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

Ignore luxlamf: I don't feel that a windshield truly destroys the "look" as bad as he makes it out for.

I said it.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
rc4man
EXCELSIOR

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
HD sells the "QD" quickly detachable Ultimate Touring model but for less money you should look at Memphis Shades for a QD unit.
They go on/off in seconds.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAM View Post
Try a supersport first. Used, around 150 or so. If not high enough, the touring windshield is nice. I ride alot. I do 500 mile days. Day after day. I would not be able to do that without a wind shield. Rode 50 miles with a friend, who does not have one. He suffered. I did not.
This time, David was helpful and factual. As he points out, everyone is different, and where the wind is directed to is huge. On him, not so good. On you, might work. Try it! Joe

Plus I feel that the H-D SuperSport shield's shape fits the lines of a V Rod better than most other options.

Here's an example...an older picture of rsc's bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RSC1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	189150  
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a Supersport Windshield on my R. It works fine for me. For us R riders, the riding position with our feet underneath us and our torsos leaned forward a bit puts our helmets a lot closer to the windshield than with other models of the V-Rod with forward controls. We do not have the buffeting or wind down our necks some riders complain of, nor do we notice air coming up from underneath because we don't have our legs out in front of us acting like air deflectors. On my R I can cruise along at 100 mph effortlessly, and sometimes out in the desert here I can do that. I couldn't do long trips, high speeds or even make routine trips to LA in the winter without it. Sometimes beauty is as beauty does.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #22
ALV10ROD
2012 V-Rider 10th AE

Quote:
Seriously, I bought the Harley windshield, don't know which one offhand, but like it and I'm 6'2' and love it. It is quick detachable (four quick clamps) and on in three minutes, off in 30 seconds.

Just don't force the clamps to close.....the triggers are pot metal and if you have to use too much pressure to close you have something misaligned and they will break.........$35 bucks a clamp to replace.

Part of the deal when I bought my vrod is the harley windshield. I have a 2012 Vrod 10yr anniversary. You're right about the handlebar clamp, it breaks easy and I found that out but the most ignorant thing I learned is that, the clamp cannot be ordered separately so they're going to warranty the whole thing and replace the whole thing instead of just ordering the clamp that I need. Don't make sense at all...

ALV10ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
bermuda
Registered Full

I have a Super Sport windshield and I don't think it detracts from the looks of the bike.
Maybe I'm just used to it.
Here's a pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	retouchedfront.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	856.1 KB
ID:	190868
bermuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #24
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALV10ROD View Post
Part of the deal when I bought my vrod is the harley windshield. I have a 2012 Vrod 10yr anniversary. You're right about the handlebar clamp, it breaks easy and I found that out but the most ignorant thing I learned is that, the clamp cannot be ordered separately so they're going to warranty the whole thing and replace the whole thing instead of just ordering the clamp that I need. Don't make sense at all...
Hmmm. I have bought clamps as spares. No problem either. The part number is 57788-01. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Advertisement