Filing Suit to Harley davidson Store in Greece for Stealing my DX - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant View Post
I will filed suit. I also contacted with the H-D company in Milwakee. They were very cooperative and i wish they will help me. Moreover it is their name that is going to be defamed.
I didn't need a need a stinkin' lawyer to file a BBB report. I just haggled three times with the company, keeping all my dated documents of the complaint. True COOPERATION and compliance from your efforts will be fruitful after the facts have been filed.
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #17
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
What a mess! I know the economy is ruined there. Insist on the bike being returned. Call the police, today! No reason to wait - get the ball moving. Further, contact the lien holder for the note on the bike - and get them and their lawyers involved. Lastly, write to the CEO of Harley-Davidson. Even with shipping, you can move the thing for more than 10K! Good luck! Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #18
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Never answered my question about the title. I hope you did not hand it over.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #19
Constant
Greekrider

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Never answered my question about the title. I hope you did not hand it over.
Nop, fortunately i didn't hand it over. I was waiting to be paid first. I hope H-D in USA will talk to them because they defame the Harley Davidson stores in the whole world and Greek H-D stores are not worth of managing it.
Constant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #20
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Nop, fortunately i didn't hand it over. I was waiting to be paid first. I hope H-D in USA will talk to them because they defame the Harley Davidson stores in the whole world and Greek H-D stores are not worth of managing it.
Does anyone know where the bike is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #21
Constant
Greekrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Does anyone know where the bike is?
Noone knows. Not even the central Harley-davidson stores in Athens. I m trying to stay calm..I don't know for how long...My case is something unbelievable...
Old 11-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #22
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Quote:
Noone knows. Not even the central Harley-davidson stores in Athens. I m trying to stay calm..I don't know for how long...My case is something unbelievable...
Have you checked it isn't one of the bikes left in the bust Thessalonika store?

I hate to be a wise arse, but there is no way Harley Portugal would get their paws on my bike overnight

Good job you kept the registration documents - sounds like they have lost it rather than stolen it. Not much better though!

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #23
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Then file it as stolen, call your insurance company and get yourself a good nights sleep!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #24
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Quote:
Then file it as stolen, call your insurance company and get yourself a good nights sleep!!!!
Greek (and Portuguese) insurance does not normally cover theft.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #25
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Greek (and Portuguese) insurance does not normally cover theft.
You sheiting me? Thats focked. But what does "normally" mean?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #26
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Quote:
You sheiting me? Thats focked. But what does "normally" mean?
My insurance, and I suspect Greece is the same, covers anyone I crash into, or their property. My property, ie the bike, is my own problem. The insurance won't pay me a penny. And I have to pay extra to insure my pillion (who could otherwise sue me for medical bills if I crash with someone on the back).

I actually quite like this arrangement. Insurance is cheap, and if I have to I can afford to replace a bike, I just need cover in case I mow down a bus queue and get sued for millions.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #27
Constant
Greekrider

Quote:
My insurance, and I suspect Greece is the same, covers anyone I crash into, or their property. My property, ie the bike, is my own problem. The insurance won't pay me a penny. And I have to pay extra to insure my pillion (who could otherwise sue me for medical bills if I crash with someone on the back).

I actually quite like this arrangement. Insurance is cheap, and if I have to I can afford to replace a bike, I just need cover in case I mow down a bus queue and get sued for millions.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #28
Vambo
Banned

Quote:

Replace a $17K bike........ ? You say it so nonchalantly. Seems a bit foolish but I don't know the numbers in Portugal, here the difference is minimal and worth the piece of mind.

In the States, if a vehicle is paid for in full, we can choose to cover our vehicles or not. Generally only the old, crappy, "beaters" are not covered but I can not imagine not insuring my sled. Hell the mods alone will kill most of us.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #29
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Like Vambo says, most states require the owner to insure the bike against lose, theft etc most lien holders reguire to. In MD we can drop that portion of insurance if the bike is paid off. it is done mostly to protect the lien holders. My bikes are all paid for in full but I would never drop the comprehensive portion off my policy, to many thieves and to much money invested in mods. Plus that portion is pretty cheap compared to the liability portion.
I agree with Joe , file a missing/stolen report without delay. At least it should put lock on the vin so no one else can sell it.
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #30
LL Cool K
Insane inda membrane

I don't know what you expect the MoCo to do but make an inquiry to the owner of the franchise on your behalf. In the end, I'm sure they're going to say it's between you and the dealer and not them. Unless it's a company-owned store, they're probably not liable.

In loving memory of Betty Boost! 1929-1996
Winner of the 2012 Midwest Thunder7 Johnny Hotfoot Award... Best Rat Bike!

LL Cool K is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement