Hesitation at full throttle - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCF
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Hesitation at full throttle

Hey guys. I went out for a tuning run tonight and I am bothered by a significant stutter that happens while at full twist at about 6000 RPM and up. I cant figure it out. I am running TAB slash cuts 2" Baffle with the TAB tuner, K&N air filter. Other than that the bike is stock. 2009 VRSCF Muscle. I am running the tuner at the TAB recommended sixth map. I have tweaked the first and second pots to eliminate the backfire and the hesitation but I just cant get the third pot to adjust properly. It hesitated like it is missing or was running too lean and I couldn't tune the third pot correctly and it adjusts up to 20% plus or minus. Could this be some sort of valve float? I am getting close to 9000 miles and my first tire change. (I got Pirellis for $328 Front AND Rear.. Boo-ya). So any suggestions would be helpful. If you want to see my setup I just posted a video http://youtu.be/Sk0qhNkxETY. Any suggestions would be awesome. Also I recently moved the tuner from the recommended location to under the seat so it is easy to access. I added an extension ground to make that happen and I was wondering if a bad connection could also maybe cause this. I'm feeling a little frustrated here Cuz My baby isn't feeling well.
DOITLAYNSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Waiting

Last edited by DOITLAYNSTYLE; 05-01-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Embed not allowed?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
$uicide $hift
Kickstart My Heart!!

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Fixed it for you..

$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Thumbs up Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
Thanks man. Your the Shiz
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Bad ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOITLAYNSTYLE View Post
Hey guys. I went out for a tuning run tonight and I am bothered by a significant stutter that happens while at full twist at about 6000 RPM and up. I cant figure it out. I am running TAB slash cuts 2" Baffle with the TAB tuner, K&N air filter. Other than that the bike is stock. 2009 VRSCF Muscle.= Could this be some sort of valve float? I am getting close to 9000 miles and my first tire change. (I got Pirellis for $328 Front AND Rear.. Boo-ya). So any suggestions would be helpful. If you want to see my setup I just posted a video http://youtu.be/Sk0qhNkxETY. I added an extension ground to make that happen and I was wondering if a bad connection could also maybe cause this. I'm feeling a little frustrated here Cuz My baby isn't feeling well. :banghead\\\\\\\\\\:
So just to be safe I Just went and Soldered and put heat shrink in on the splice. Will test again tomorrow but I am pretty sure thats not the issue.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Talking Bad ground for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOITLAYNSTYLE View Post
So just to be safe I Just went and Soldered and put heat shrink in on the splice. Will test again tomorrow but I am pretty sure that's not the issue.
Tested again and the Effing bike died on me. wouldn't even start up. Stuck on the side of the road I pulled out my allens and my #10 and found out that I was the victim of vibration and not from the splice i had previously thought. LOL My battery to block ground had come loose and my tuner ground had slipped off the location. Crazy but I patched her up and went back out and she is running solid again. One stop and the tuner is dialed in exactly where I want her to be. Thanks for the vid RE-post and Ride hard everyone. This thread can die with the ages.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
Good vid !!
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Thumbs up Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post
Good vid !!
Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
BT
I lift heavy things.

Whats the go with the pistol mount ? Legal in your state ?
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Thumbs up Pistol Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post
Whats the go with the pistol mount ? Legal in your state ?
Ya It is legal here in Idaho. Actually it is legal in all states except DC and one other I cant remember. It is considered to be open carry and you do not need a permit. I love getting pulled over for it because cops usually don't even know the laws and I get to inform them on the proper ways to avoid infringing on a persons constitutional rights. I also have a CWP so when I leave the bike I can just slip it in my vest. Before I had my CWP I was forced to Hip holster it and I actually had store owners and employees call the police because a biker was armed and in their store. It was an educational experience for all involved, officers, and store employees because once they learned that I am ex military and served my time they were a bit more open minded. However it did start to become a Hassle and when you dont have time to teach everyone around you it could really become an inconvenience.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
12YellowMuscle
JustSayNoToSlipons.

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good vid and great mount but in MD, you will go to jail for it.

Let me get this straight, You put cams in your bike that has slip on's?
12YellowMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12YellowMuscle View Post
Good vid and great mount but in MD, you will go to jail for it.
Bummer for those in MD to have lost their freedom. It is in the constitution if you want to get it back.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

'09 VIVID BLACK MUSCLE
CUSTOM MOUNT FOR SPRINGFIELD ARMORY .45 XD
SILVER GHOST FLAMES & PINSTRIPING
TAB SATIN SLASH CUTS, 4" DRAG BAFFLES, TAB TUNER
K&N AIR FILTER "AIRBOXLESS"
PIRELLIS NIGHTDRAGON FRONT
PIRELLIS DIABLO CUSTOM REAR
STRAPLESS & MIRRORS FLIPPED
USB POWER SOURCE & DYNA-BEADS
RAM MOUNTS CUSTOMIZED FOR THE SIII
CUSTOM LED BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER