Keeps throwing this code - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
stever975
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
Actually Steve - he DOES say to adjust it - but you have to be VERY CAREFUL - as in - if you close the butterflies TOO FAR they will bind in the bores. ...
Actually I didn't write that the screw shouldn't be adjusted. I wrote that the screw shouldn't be used to adjust the idle. If the throttle plate balance is wrong it might need adjusting but you don't use idle speed to determine when the adjustment is right.
stever975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
Elgavilan
The Hawk

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Don't mean to be a contraian here, but the stop screw controls the front bore, and the linkage controls the rear. You'll probably have to back off the rear - using the linkage - to get the front into proper adjustment, then "eyeball" the rear (making sure NEITHER actually rests on the bore), then perform a synch...
Rick
Hate to tell ya, but the set screw is located on the rear bore and makes direct contact with the rear throttle shaft bracket and the front bore is connected to the rear bore with the linkage. You set the rear with the set screw and then set the front with the linkage.

Mike
Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
TEAZZR
I Hate Stupid People

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
It's also quite beneficial to SYNCH the bores by adjusting the linkage. I found my new-in-box destroyer TB to be WAY OUT OF SYNCH. You can't tell "by eye", if the bores are synch'd and most folks would be quite surprised at how much better the bike runs, by performing this relatively simple procedure (even without a manometer).My Destroyer TB was way out of sync upon arrival . After setting the Linkage correctly mine was visably off ..

IAC is not going to control the idle on this TB - it will end up being way out of range.Correct. Needs adjusted thru computer/tuning.

Be sure an perform an initialization of the ECM after the adjustment of the TB blades, to re-cal the IAC - check the TT manual for procedure.

Rick
Quote:
Don't mean to be a contraian here, but the stop screw controls the front bore, and the linkage controls the rear. You'll probably have to back off the rear - using the linkage - to get the front into proper adjustment, then "eyeball" the rear (making sure NEITHER actually rests on the bore), then perform a synch...Stated earlier .mine was so far off upon arrival it was obvious .. Disconnected linkage.Adjusted rear TB set screw to take down air flow. then adjusted linkage accordingly to sync rear & front bores.

Tune (or RETUNE) the bike AFTER the synch is performed, as this will make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the VE/AF tables (and a HUGE DIFFERENCE in how smoothly the motor runs - quite SHOCKING actually).Rick
Basic tuning 101...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgavilan View Post
Hate to tell ya, but the set screw is located on the rear bore and makes direct contact with the rear throttle shaft bracket and the front bore is connected to the rear bore with the linkage. You set the rear with the set screw and then set the front with the linkage.

Mike
You are correct

Only pulled up quotes to help everyone out..
6.37 g/s Fuel inj.
Vance & Hines Comp. Slip-Ons
SEPST
K&N Cones - Topless
BOSS NOSS - Stealth system
TEAZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
littlejohn1

Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Just a quick update: I got the light to go off. I guess I didn't have the butterflies closed far enough, even thought they seemed like they were touching. I adjusted them even tighter then they were. Not sticking and that was the trick for keeping the light off. I guess I had the idle set to high for the IAC to controll the Idle. What a pain in the ass it was finding the problem. I had all the wires loose and checked out, cleaned all the connections etc. 6 hours of pissing around for a half turn on that set screw!
littlejohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #20
5aint
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm in the same situation as described here. I'm going to get Daytona to replace the unit and see what that does. Once I have found the solution I'm going to post it. This problem has come up many times and the answer doesn't seem to follow.
Current: Kreater carbon kit, BSTs w/ ceramic wheel bearing, Swan composite rotors, K&N Topless, Bub 7 2-1, Daytona Twin Tec, Progressive 440's, MS Biketec upper fork covers, Arlen Ness Deep Cut grips and pegs (powder coated), Arlen Ness RAD III mirrors, HD reduced reach handlebars, Figure custom derby and clutch cover, HD Black LED headlamp, Porsche horn cover.

Ordered:

Planned:Rotrex supercharger

For Sale:PC V (08 retro fit), Sundowner seat

Go big or go home
5aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
5aint
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my solution was to install the latest firmware onto the unit and start from scratch (all default settings) and seems to be running great. hope this helps someone.
Current: Kreater carbon kit, BSTs w/ ceramic wheel bearing, Swan composite rotors, K&N Topless, Bub 7 2-1, Daytona Twin Tec, Progressive 440's, MS Biketec upper fork covers, Arlen Ness Deep Cut grips and pegs (powder coated), Arlen Ness RAD III mirrors, HD reduced reach handlebars, Figure custom derby and clutch cover, HD Black LED headlamp, Porsche horn cover.

Ordered:

Planned:Rotrex supercharger

For Sale:PC V (08 retro fit), Sundowner seat

Go big or go home
5aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement