Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

LED Kit GROUP BUY

18K views 184 replies 46 participants last post by  BenhurVRod 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm considering putting together some custom LED kits for us Vrodders. The price I have in mind would be $150 for a 72 LED kit (8 - 6 LED strips, 8 - 3 LED strips) with the option of adding a remote with two FOBS for an additional $35. The LEDs have a 180 degree viewing angles, which makes them ideal for putting in just about any location. This is a very competitive price when compared to other sellers. This would include all hardware needed for a complete installation. The colors available would be: white, blue, green, red, and yellow. I would like at least 5 people to be interested in this kit before I go ahead and create them or three people interested in the same color. This is NOT a preorder, I just would like the interest to be there. They will be weatherproof and easily installable in just about any location on the bike. Thanks and feel free to ask any questions!

Louballs

#4 ·
I would also be possibly interested....would still like to see a bike with a similar set up so I could see what my end product would look like though. I was thinking about going with the white LED's to complement the annodized/chrome bike.

#5 ·
hey, im going to be doing up my friends bike within a week or so. its a sportbike, but you will be able to see the quality of the lighting. But if you look at my bike in the gallery, though not the same LEDS, you will have a similar set up with actually more LEDs than I have. My bike has 8 - 3 LED strips and 4 - 6 led strips.

#12 ·
Sorry for the delay, I finally had some free time and nice weather to do an install on my friends Yamaha R6. It came out really nice and I only used 60 leds, you will be getting 72. My camera is not the best for night shots so some pictures make the LEDs look yellow, but I assure you they are bright red. If you order them the lead time should be about 2 weeks to receive them since i have to order parts and make each kit by hand. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

#13 ·
Hi,

i'm still interested but i was wondering if you could post some pics during daylight of the location where you place the leds and how it looks during daylight (line of sight or as good as invisible?) Hope i'm not asking to much ;)

Regards,
/iluvatar

#14 ·
You aren't asking too much. Ill take some pcis for you, but the location is going to be different on a vrod. On this bike, the leds aren't visible at all since I hid them well. Its really all in the placement, the strips are thin and flexible so they will fit just about anywhere, its all in the mounting. The vrod has many nooks and crannies to hide them well too as you can see in my gallery.

#24 ·
That were the two colors I was also thinking of. White because the looks of the bike says enough. Red to make it more vicious/savage ;) I think i'll go with the Red one then and with a remote offcourse! Could you PM me total cost including shipment towards the Netherlands? And paypal details or something like that? I'll reply you with my shipping details!

/iluvatar

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.