Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

installed f mirrors on my dx

5K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  JRogers81 
#1 ·
Just got finished putting a set of muscle mirrors on my 08 dx. fairly straight forward. I first painted them black so they would match the bike better. I made my own load equalizers and wired them up to be running lights as well as signals. here are a couple pics of them installed and a diagram of how i made the equalizers and wired the running lights. reason for all the diodes is the oem signals are 3 wire and the muscle signals are only 2 wire. let me know if anyone has questions. all the diodes and resistors can be found at radio shack.

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm impressed, really clean look. Is it possible to dissemble the light and get it powdercoated?

#20 ·
Yes. Big Tony in the "F" section did his with pc.

Do these mirrors come in two versions? One with clear glas and one with amber glas on the blinkers? I have just purchased a new set and it has the amber blinkers.
Yes. I believe the Aussies have the amber lenses.

#9 ·
Sorry didn't realize the diagram was so small. Ill try to blow it up a little.. as far as powder coating im sure it could be done but looking at it I decided it was not something I wanted to mess with.. it looks like the led lenses are siliconed in so im not sure how I would get them to stay in if removed..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
Do these mirrors come in two versions? One with clear glas and one with amber glas on the blinkers? I have just purchased a new set and it has the amber blinkers. Last question is about how the handling is with the mirrors flipped? When you turn full do they hit the airbox cover?

#23 ·
Forgot to take pictures of the wiring.. it was a little ugly.. most if it is behind the left side cover where the signal wires are located.. the 2 larger resistors I zip tied to the front neck of the frame behind the headlight because they get a little hot and I didn't want to melt any other wires (getting hot is normal for resistors not anything to worry about other than melting other wires touching them) weather they would actually get hot enough to melt anything I donno but just wanted to be safe. Everything is covered with heat shrink and electrical tape.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.