Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Need Help with reinstall my stock headers!

549 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rift 
#1 ·
I lost my 2012 in the Sandy storm and just repurchased a 2012 again. The Pipes it was bought with are the V and H comp 2 into 1
I m not a fan I know alot of people are..I know They might go up for sale after I'm done..

I have a stock set of headers and pipes that I want to reinstall. I am sure I can do it but wondering what I need to reinstall? Gasket etc. Can you please advise? It would be appreciated.

Second Q,

The 2 into 1's dont have the oxygen sensors in the bungholes.
Did they disconnect them or hide them in the bike? I am not sure.
Does anyone know what they do when they install these pipes at Harley stealership..
What are the implications on the performance without O2 sensors?

Any info and advice would be appreciated..

ED
2012 NightRod!

See less See more
#2 ·
I just did the reverse install of the V&H 2:1 Comp on my '08 NRS. Gaskets are a MUST. They were less than $20 I think. I also swapped exhaust on my Softail, and purchased those gaskets at the same time. They appear to be a bound, tightly-woven steel and some other "mystery" binder. When you remove the existing exhaust, you'll see that it has been crushed into the shape that fit your old pipe's rolled edge. A slight variance in the shape and placement of your replacement pipes will allow for leakage. And be careful tightening the nuts that hold the flanges on. I've heard of more than one person breaking the stud. THAT could turn into a royal pain. Especially on the rear.

I retained my O2 sensors in my swap, but I'm guessing that if you're running without now, you can probably run without them. But with the V&H setup, you should have an additoinal tuning device in the mix. I've got the SERT, V&H make their own. When you swap the exhaust, it definitely won't run the same. You'll need to get a dyno-tune. I'm considering going with a Zipper's Thunder Max Autotuner, but can't advise one way or the other as to how that will perform in your situation. Cobra makes one that ditches the O2 sensors, and uses a sensor on the crank.

Good luck with your swap. You CAN get the quiet baffle for the V&H setup. But it's not really that quiet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.