Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#3,756 ·
I've decided it's worth it - yesterday I started fitting my Akrapovic 2>1. Only drama was removing the standard plumbing without damaging anything, then discovering the Akra pipe doesn't fit over the V-Mod mid mounts. So today's chores are removing them, re-fitting the forward controls (temporarily) finish fitting the new exhaust and going for a ride. Y es I will post some pics later. T-Rod45 - I agree with your sentiments regarding cretins....be aware, be very aware because they are not.

#3,759 ·
Fitted my Akrapovic pipe - not quite finished, one retaining spring on the muffler I cannot get on. Run out of patience and I will put up some pics tomorrow when I get home from work and finish it off....Had to ditch the V-Mod mids, forward controls are back on until I get the H-D mids fitted.

#3,762 ·
Put air in the tires, checked the oil and rode 30 miles to charge the battery. In Seoul, on a Saturday night, 30 miles is a long ride. Lots of distracted drivers watching their DMB TV's, talking on cell phones, and either drunk, crazy or both. Tomorrow if I can find the hardware (its somewhere in my collection of parts), put on a base plate, luggage rack and tank bra.

#3,766 ·
Today, I flogged her like the filthy wh0re that she is!!!

Good day for a ride, crappy day for pics...

#3,769 ·
69 degrees here in MN yesterday! 30 and sleet today, so I put the battery tender on, I'll keep it ready for better days!

#3,770 ·
Thank God for Global Warming

Chicago area was around 70 Sat & Sun with off & on rain. I was able to get in a couple hundred miles. I lost a garage door remote and a glove I had in my jacket pocket errrrrrr! :banghead:

Next couple weeks looks like 45-50*F highs which is plenty warm for riding to work every day. Hopefully this winter will be mild like last year. I'll be riding as long as there is no ice or salt on the roads.:ride:

#3,771 ·
Took off the fender to install a new Kisan brake light. Had the wrong bulb. It is a wedge not the bayonet bulb. Trying to use the hole above the license plate to push the tab to remove the tail light housing did not work. Plus upon inspection with the fender off if you did push the tab in and are not very careful the plastic tabs on top of brake light housing are very frail could easily be broken. Much easier and safer to take the extra 10 minutes and take the fender off. Installed a base plate and luggage rack while I had it apart. The spacer and longer hex head screw that raised the bolt that the passenger pillion slides on to needs an extra washer under the spacer. Could barely slide the pillion back on and now the passenger strap is damn tight (touring pillion) is a little thicker I guess and the strap was made for the factory pillion. When I get the Hepco and Becker storage box attached to the rack will post a picture. The black luggage rack looks better than the chrome one.

#3,772 ·
Just getting back from a birthday cruise (mom's 90th- she took the whole extended family to Nassau and back) and I'll be getting a new rear tire and an oil change as soon as the dealer can come by and pick it up! Cord is showing! (They have free pick up and delivery)

#3,773 ·
Installed Floorboards and SHifter Peg...

Can't believe that I waited so long to do this MOD. Next week I'll add a set to the rear, grips to match the shifter peg and LEDs...

I had to get this due to a constantly sore Achilles Tendon due to 16 years in the Army and the shifter will hopefully keep me from getting black marks on my work boots...

#3,778 ·

Can't believe that I waited so long to do this MOD. Next week I'll add a set to the rear, grips to match the shifter peg and LEDs...

I had to get this due to a constantly sore Achilles Tendon due to 16 years in the Army and the shifter will hopefully keep me from getting black marks on my work boots...
Awsome upgrade, congrats. And hey, thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com App

#3,777 ·
Finally got my baby back. Had output shaft and shift forks replaced. Spark plugs changed and had the valves checked and they were fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.