Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Sprintex Supercharger

39K views 374 replies 42 participants last post by  BIG POPPA 66 
#1 ·
Hey all,

In the past there has been some problems with the bearing not being fitted very well in the housing.

I have been told that the entire unit has been reworked.

They are NOT supplying any tuning kits. You will have to use what you have or get something that works.

The unit requires you to interchange the TB parts onto the S/C.
I would recommend contacting ohioVROD (Fitzgerald Motor Sports) and haveScott weld the screws in on the butterflies.

I have been in contact with them for a couple of weeks.

I am in the process of becoming the Vrod Supercharger Dealer in the USA.

I will not be responsible for an waranty items.

I can assist you if need be.

I am just the guy to go to if you wish to buy a unit.

MSRP is $4995.00
10% discount $4495.50

If you are serious about buying a kit please post up.
I need at least 5 to get a better discount.

If there is not enough interest then this will die!!!!!

I have wanted one of these and now it is going to happen.

1. rsc

See less See more
#39 ·
Rod ... make sure you do a time laps video recording...

#40 ·
I'm tossing this idea around, just not sure which SC I'd want to put on just yet...

Yes, this will be on a 1402 motor, but I have some other plans for it to help keep it together. I'd have to change the cams, probably re-work the heads (again - long story there aye Scott?), move to a higher flow fuel pump, look at the fuel rail capacity, and change to a 30 tooth pulley along with a stronger clutch, and possibly the Trask output shaft side brace (if they are even making them???).

I would probably also start conservative with the boost and try to find a happy "180HP+" spot to settle into...
I'm already frying a 250 tire without much effort, I'm just thinking this could expand the "fun zone" a little more... Heh.

Overall, the project sounds pretty simple :D

#50 ·
I think you should definitely go for it :hidesbeh: If it holds together for a few thousand miles I will be right behind you....:deal:

#41 ·
Pete
I would assume it would only take just a few PSI to hit that 180 mark.
I wonder how much heat will be generated with the 1402 on boost?
It would be 1 mean machine for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using
Motorcycle.com App

#42 ·
Lane you're right heat might be an interesting dimension to all of this. I do agree that boost would not have to be that high... Rather than just building it to blow the focker up, I'd be building it to see whether it could be a nice "streetable" fun ride with some reasonable longevity.

#45 ·
Pete, I think I would leave it alone and enjoy that 1402.

Wait till something is proven.

Still waiting to hear for AU...

#49 ·
Rod

I have no plans to be a beta tester! Once I see which SC is showing reliability, I think I know what needs to be done in order to build a motor that won't come apart or seize as long as boost is kept within some reasonable limits and there's plenty of fuel to keep things cool.

#46 ·
Watching this one. 2013 should be a good year for boost!

#47 ·
joe,
I am hoping Sprintex steps up to the plate and answers my Questions.

I called them tonight and left message!!!!!

#51 ·
Update:

Just spoke to my contact and was informed they where out of country.

A new e-mail was sent. Thanks to my contact for taking the time and going the extra mile to help us here on the forum.

To all of you that are interested and the ones that pm me.
This tread is being watched by them.

So then, If you have any question or questions ask.
Post up so they they can see.

1 New stock or old stock
2 Bearing new style or old style
3 What are the differences
4 What was done to get the new style into unit.
5 How much heat is produced
6 Updates with ecm set up
7 Warranty, what is covered and what is not This is the big one.
8 How long is ithe warranty
9 Are the install instruction updated
10 Anything we should know that has been changed

Thanks
rod

#52 ·
Please keep this a clean thread.

#55 ·
11. Close overlap just like the turbos
13. Look at the link provided. No TB's. You have to put your TB parts onto the the S/C.

#57 ·
With S/C it is important to get the heat out!!!!!

#58 ·
Slow and steady is my only recommendation this needs to be done correctly the first time not the third. Building a bullet proof motor is key which will include head work, heat coatings, and engine bracing. I am interested in working with Rod to insure these items are addressed to insure longevity.

#59 ·
if we can figure out the equation to in 170ish at the wheel and like scott said it's still be bullet proof, i'm in.

#60 ·
It all depends on how far ppl are willing to go for bullet proofing? 170-180hp I don't see much of a problem at all especially if your willing to do a teardown and ceramic coat everything possible along with pistons for boosted application.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

#61 ·
Here is part of the e-mail I got today.
I am still waiting for the answers to some of my other questions.

Good News...

Hi, Rod.

The kits are indeed new. I have no ETA on when they are getting here yet. I will let you know.

The old bearings that you mentioned that were seizing were an old design. That was outmoded years ago.

:D:D

:deal:

#62 ·
The bearing issue is indeed old news .been more than one thread with that info before,what I'd like to see is what actually was done and the pics of the differences,so we can see with our own eyes,instead of the same rant ,yes that problem has been addressed.lol

#69 ·
e-mail sent

#73 ·
Hello Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me today.

The supercharger has always been a topic on the forum.

I hope that we can get a program set up and going.

I have copied some of the question from the forum.

- How many of these new designed kits are out and being used. What is the estimated amount of miles on these kits?

-The bearing issue is indeed old news .been more than one thread with that info before,what I'd like to see is what actually was done and the pics of the differences,so we can see with our own eyes,instead of the same rant ,yes that problem has been addressed.
- New stock or old stock
- Bearing new style or old style
- What are the differences
- What was done to get the new style into unit.
- How much heat is produced
- Updates with ecm set up
- Warranty, what is covered and what is not This is the big one.
- How long is ithe warranty
- Are the install instruction updated, where can I get a copy.
- Anything we should know that has been changed
- How much horsepower can I expect?

-How much torque can I expect.

-recommended fuel rating

Thank you

#74 ·
Warranty is per our standard warranty doc for USA and terms and conditions of sale.

In regard to the supercharger itself, originally the VRod System used the Sprintex S4-150. Since 2008, the systems have used a VRod version of the S5-150. The S5 has many changes over the S4, some of which were driven by the unusually high drive shock in the uneven fire VTwin engine used in the VRod. The S5-150 is totally reliable and has passed various OEM durability tests.

S5 Units have slightly higher isentropic efficiency than the S4, allowing the unit to run a little cooler than the early systems, but as any VRod owner will be aware, VRods can be a very hot motorcycle, even without the addition of 50HP.

In terms of what power and torque can be expected, this depends a little on what dyno and what wheels are fitted. On the dyno, (Dynojet 250) the stock rear wheel bikes usually make about 152 or 153 HP and torque above 90ftlbs from 3000 to 7000 RPM. Due to the inertia of a large rear tire, (250 or 300) the dyno reading is less by 6-8 HP and if the wheel is a heavy design, can be more. Exhaust systems make little difference. I have seen bikes make over 100ftlbs and over 160HP on Dyno jet 250I in various locations around the world. There are units in several European countries, Australia, Asia and USA/Canada.

All the above figures were achieved with the Sprintex VRod tuner and tuning that was intended to be emission legal, retaining the O2 sensors and closed loop on the 2008 and on. There are many units running with either Power Commander 5 or Thundermax, and some with the later Screaming Eagle tuner. I believe the power outcomes are similar. For these non Sprintex tuners, it is necessary to use the Harley Destroyer injectors, which we can also supply in the hardware only system.

Where possible, 93 fuel should be used. Better fuel helps all boosted engines, so I always recommend that customers use the best pump fuel available.

There are more 250 units sold in total, predominantly from 2006-2008, but we still sell units as people request them. The system is expensive to produce (all machined billet) and as such we do not actively push the sales of this unit.

With kind regards

Also, we no longer supply tuning. The customer or shop supplying the system will have to tune the MC. We don’t have pictures of the changes, the Supercharger was redesigned and there is a lot of proprietary information in the design that we do not want published.

With kind regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.