Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Back Rest Holes

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rc4man 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I bought a 2011 muscle earlier this year. I love it!

The previous owner installed a sissy bar, and I'm sure some of you know that on muscles it is a drill holes in the fender permanent kinda installation. I don't like it and want to remove it. I took it off yesterday and now I have 3 large holes that need plugged. Or I need to buy a new fender. Anyone know what would be good to plug the holes with? I was hoping to find something black with a Harley logo on it but the Harley shop had nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help! Also if anyone has a black muscle rear fender ill buy it haha.

#3 ·
ITS A DRAMA hey !!! ya can get it plastic welded and repainted .... i use a harley number plate bolt with the willie G skull to fill one of holes where middle rack bolt was !

#5 ·
Why not stopping at your local true value or home depot lowes and just check out black rubber plug washers?? you can remove them when you want to reinstall the bar...might look kinda fugly but it'll do the trick..just sayin'

#8 ·
These plastic button snaps are cheap and look decent.

Attachments

#10 ·
I got them at either Ace hardware or Lowe's in the nuts and bolts section. You should be able to find them at any hardware store. I can't remember the size but they are so cheap that I just picked a couple of sizes and tried them out. Easy in and easy out with a little poke from a screw driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.