Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

I gotta Admit, There is a VRSCF that aint Bad....

7K views 74 replies 19 participants last post by  Philthy 
#1 ·
Because this one had all the Good Parts taken off.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
oh no fair :(

#6 ·
Yea, I just can't make myself like that bike. i have ridden several, and just today I was at a dealer and they had a couple of 2013's, one orange and one white....

The wide, flared radiator vents, oversized airbox cover, and half dome shaped rear fender, and dual exhausts are just not pleasing visual design elements to me. i will say though that the mirrors with integrated lighting are killer..

And owning one would drive me crazy from an accessory standpoint. V-Rods in general are the forgotten model when it comes to the HD P/A catalog, but accessories for the F are almost non-existent....that's a real bummer...virtually every part I see in the book reads, "not for VRSCF models"....

But hey, choice is a good thing. I'm just glad there is still more than one V-Rod model !!

#7 ·
And owning one would drive me crazy from an accessory standpoint. V-Rods in general are the forgotten model when it comes to the HD P/A catalog, but accessories for the F are almost non-existent....that's a real bummer...virtually every part I see in the book reads, "not for VRSCF models"....
That's because people do not know where to look, parts manufacturers themselves often wrongly assume certain parts will not fit the F, or else people do not realize parts will fit with only a minor adjustment.

Besides, regardless of the bike you own, fabbing your own parts insures your ride will not look like a carbon copy of some other sheep that used a standard line order for the "in" product or mod.

Fear of getting caught may be the mother of invention for some but the desire to be different has led to many a great F mod for Muscle owners.

#24 ·
OK I am lost here about the whole VRSC bagger. its not a bagger platform, Motor trans any of it. Its like asking a Tundra to be a truck. Its never going to happen. At best it can act like one maybe even look like one but will never be one. Ask any guy with a F350 Powerstroker duallie 4x4. Not even close.

#34 ·
Heard on grapevine HD aircooled are having lots of issues with EPA in USA.

Now Hd has purchased a engine off Honda to put in future cycles next year or two so watch this space soon enough HD will have Radiators mounted on all there bikes.

#40 ·
Yep, then HOG sends you a "Touring Handbook" which isn't much more than a Rand McNalley road atlas with all the HD dealerships noted on the map pages, and contact info provided below. Real touring bikes have a place for a tank bag with a clear map holder on top so you can fold a map up to show your route and place it right in front of you for quick reference on the fly. That's touring, not having to stop to fish a big Rand McNalley out of the saddle bag for a stationary map study.

#43 ·
"A touring motorcycle is a type of motorcycle designed for touring. Although any motorcycle can be used for this purpose, manufacturers have developed specific models designed to address the particular needs of these riders. Touring motorcycles commonly have large displacement fairings and windshields that offer a high degree of weather and wind protection, large-capacity fuel tanks for long ranges between fill-ups, engines with a great deal of low-end horsepower, and a more relaxed, upright seating position than sport bikes. These motorcycles can be further divided into multiple sub-categories, which are commonly used terms within the motorcycle industry."

tour·ing (trng)
n.
Travel, as on a bicycle or on skis, for pleasure rather than competition.

#44 ·
Love it! So, since Wikipedia only lists sub-categories as "Full-dress Tourer," "Adventure Tourer," and "Sport Tourer," perhaps we should add the V-Rod to a new category "Power-Cruiser Tourer"? :deal:

#58 ·
I dont think so I havent blocked Kelley. Maybe I am not taking enough.

#61 ·
Maybe its me but all the VRSC bikes sound like we are trying to make up for something.

Night Rod
Night Rod Special
Muscle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.