Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Easy-Peasy Way to Ride All Winter AND Stay Warm!

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  gritgolfer 
#1 ·
I just bought a rental property that has a 12'x30' concrete block building on it in SUNNY FLORIDA. I've been trying to figure out what to do with it when a buddy offered to rent part of it to park his bike for the winter (he lives in Canada).

So here's the deal: $50/month for SECURE INDOOR storage, power supplied for tenders, weekly start-ups while you're gone, and transport to/from the airport (SRQ). If you want to ship the bike, I can meet the shipper to handle the delivery on this end.

#4 ·
No cars... the door is only 5' wide!

@Kurt.. already saved YOUR space!

#9 ·
near, yes... 1 block! Bought the place for my mom.

@Grit... YOU must only park on the street from now on!

#10 ·
Buy some insurance or else these "Friends" of your will sue your ass if there is so much smudge on their unremarkable shite rides and take you house, car and that terrible VROD jacket too (well tat ast one wouldnt be so bad). I would NOT take this on except Maybe people I know very well.

#12 ·
Buy some insurance or else these "Friends" of your will sue your ass if there is so much smudge on their unremarkable shite rides. I would NOT take this on except Maybe people I know very well.
:stupid:

Not to be unfriendly, but you NEED a legal lease agreement to CYA- even if you're storing your mama's Harley! :deal:

#15 ·
You are better off, the likelihood they don't start is HIGH which means Stuck and they wont want to pay to keep it there until it can get towed away and the cheap Chinese Chrome crap they cover it all in will peel and you will be blamed. (And they are big Fatties and take up twice as much room hence you make 1/2 of what you could have) Screw them and that jacket.

#17 ·
Thanks for all those who responded; I took my 8th reservation this morning and that fills the space. (Sorry Lux, I had let a few HD's in before your excellent advice was given) So I guess I'm forced to wear my shite jacket another year... at least until I find a bright florescent lime green one with a large BMW patch on it

#20 ·
Ankles hell!! :spank: Let's string him up the old fashioned way..... by his neck!! :stilpoke:

#24 ·
It's the time when all the northerners come down and clog everything up!

#25 ·
George, you can free up my space... I'm not coming. If I can't string up Lux... fugeddaboutit! :hidesbeh:

Seriously... I rode down to San Antonio and got here last night. I'm going to leave the bike here and fly back Thursday. My plan is to fly down here in Feb., ride to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and then head east to Florida.

And yes, the Road Glide performed magnificently... cruising at 80+ for hours and hours on end...got caught in that crappy storm that went across the country... stopped in Forrest City Arkansas. After the overnight downpour, I got to ride in 35 degree weather for hours. God bless UnderArmour gear.. stayed warm and toasty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.