Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Sprintex Supercharger

39K views 374 replies 42 participants last post by  BIG POPPA 66 
#1 ·
Hey all,

In the past there has been some problems with the bearing not being fitted very well in the housing.

I have been told that the entire unit has been reworked.

They are NOT supplying any tuning kits. You will have to use what you have or get something that works.

The unit requires you to interchange the TB parts onto the S/C.
I would recommend contacting ohioVROD (Fitzgerald Motor Sports) and haveScott weld the screws in on the butterflies.

I have been in contact with them for a couple of weeks.

I am in the process of becoming the Vrod Supercharger Dealer in the USA.

I will not be responsible for an waranty items.

I can assist you if need be.

I am just the guy to go to if you wish to buy a unit.

MSRP is $4995.00
10% discount $4495.50

If you are serious about buying a kit please post up.
I need at least 5 to get a better discount.

If there is not enough interest then this will die!!!!!

I have wanted one of these and now it is going to happen.

1. rsc

See less See more
#4 ·
Does this run cooler than the trask kit? You think I would be ok with my 1350 and this kit without doing in lower compression pistons?
@dave
Easy 140-150 you can adjust the boost and make more. I'm betting on a stock motor with the right tune 160.
I am still learning and trying to help out. I think you need one really bad.

@ buddie
I would say it is about the same as the turbo. I can not tell you for certain because I have never riden a bike with it.

1350, is up to you, look at lanes turbo. But this is no turbo.
It would be very interesting.

My thoughts on the turbos and S/C is not run them with anything over 1300.

I have a special project that I might do and still run the S/C.
If that does not work out then I am going 1300 and S/C.
I can make a thread on the build of the engine and S/C install.

I have always wanted one and now seems that the puzzel is coming together.

I am hoping to have more answers to questions I still have.

Here is a link for install instructions. Look at it and you will see why I would have Scott weld the butterflies up.

http://www.zodiac.nl/instructions/SPRINTEX_744150.pdf

Thanks for your interest.
rod

#19 ·
Im not trying to discourage you from boosting your 1350, I personally would love to see it happen but just going to give you some facts what your getting into if you haven't seen some of my posts on a boosted 1350 with ONLY 10.5 compression.

1. I dont think any of us will tell you its ok to do it with a Hi-Comp 1350 when we haven't done it ourselves. If you want to take one for the Team and help the forum that would be great. You would have one Bad Ass Ride and it would answer a lot of questions.

2. Do you have big enough injectors? You will be in the 200HP range pending on how much boost your willing to play with.

3. Clutch will probably be a problem.

4. If this is a daily ridden bike plus a passenger on/off with that much power beware. I stood mine up with my wife accidentally in a tunnel at MWT7 about 35-40 mph 3rd gear just crackin throttle to hear pipes in tunnel like everyone else was. And i'm not talkin just a couple of inches off the ground either with only 8lbs boost with 10.5 compression and it didn't have a good tune either . My point is YOU have 12.0 compression BIG difference.

5. Unless you keep boost low you will have all kinds of traction problems riding solo, If you want a tire smoker at about any reasonable speed just twistin throttle then THIS IS FOR YOU.

#5 ·
You said you will not be responsible for warranty items, what exactly does that mean?
On a related note, your price is getting down into the range that I could afford without selling a kidney (I really like having two). If some random event happened, like a bearing seizing, and the blower coming apart and dumping a pound of shrapnel down my intake, would that be a warranty item, and would it cover the entire engine?

#8 ·
Any waranty items has to go through the manufacture, NOT ME!
If that happens to your engine you will have to take it up with them.

Consider this a GROUP BUY!

If you want to play you will have to pay!
I know this all to well with the turbo.
4 blown engines Trask did not pay to rebuild them.

I am trying to help get the price down so some of us can have some fun.
We know the price to pay to have that fun.

#9 ·
I do not recommend auto tune for turbo's or Superchargers!

#10 ·
This is a done deal for me.

I am doing this.

I have a lot of questions to be answered first.

#12 ·
I am in the process of becoming the Vrod Supercharger Dealer in the USA.

1. rsc
Is Patrick Racing no longer selling these?

I have been seriously considering one of these so may be interested.

#13 ·
Try and get a hold of someone at Patrick Racing.

I have left messages and everything else and nothing.

This is why I preceeded to do it on my own.

Right now I am waiting on ANSWERS from sprintex.

I am Sticking my neck ourt on this one.

Wait and see how I get this thing done.

#15 ·
Yours :D

#17 ·
it would be fun trying...

#18 ·
Rod
IMO with this SC I would do the stock 1130 first to find out HP/TQ numbers first then build the 1300 and go from there. A lot of questions will be answered that way. Again JMO.
This will be a (KILLER) set up when done. ;)

#27 ·
Alright then I will take this on for all of my fellow forum members.
I need some help to do this.
Anyone want to help do this and build a stock motor.

Anyone have a stock crank and stock injectors I can borrow!
Pm me for address. :deal:

Lane,
I like your way of thinking.

BEFORE AND AFTER!!!!

Okay So then I am going to do this. Lets start off with a stock set up and then go bigger.

You up to help pullling the motor. LOL

This way all of you sitting on the fence can see what this does.

I will go ahead and get thing going for this.

Brett,
It would be good but I am not going to wait a whole year when I come over there. I think I am getting a pretty good deal as it is.
The 2 biggest thing this the S/C ar e the following: oiled Bearing and not sealed, and the butterfly screws.

As long as these are corrected then I do not see an issue with it.

Scott,
I will get with you on the TB.
And when we are done with the stock motor I 'll bring it down for the case boring for the 1300.
I have the 1300 parts already to go.

#20 ·
Thanks for your insight.
1. I worry. Talked to the team at Vreelands too, they havent done it and they are also skeptical.
2. That would be changed. Stock injectors currently at a 86% duty cycle. I am sure the destroyer injectors would be more than enough.
3. Clutch and heat are my main worries. Currently have an 08 with red springs and square cut 2nd gear. But the 1350 with V&H Comp runs REALLY hot.
4. Weekend ridden, but switching to single seat this winter anyways. My girl rides a Vespa and wont go near the vrod. I also have a R1 with nitrous and stand it up frequently, still never stood up the vrod.
5. I always planned on keeping it low. Really I dont need 200, Im really just shooting for the 170-180 range.

#22 ·
hey rod, could i get it cheaper ,cos the shipping would be way less from western australia,lol,keen to see this happen on ur bike ,,and see if a little room could be made ,

i know one that was fitted here ,and they went the other way ,for safty and turned the boost DOWN to prtect the motor ,so maybe theres always that option as well on a bigger stroked motor ,

my questions are ,is the requirments for a sc different to a turbo and big cams and valves are a good thing or does it still require a close lap , and would a 58 tb be able to be used or is the unit set up only for stock sized butterflys

looks like that phone number i got you ,is turning out to be a goodn ,,lol,

#23 ·
I would keep an eye on your bottom ends if you go with one of these kits.

Here in OZ there have been a few that have done the bottom ends with this system.

#26 ·
Sounds to me like like you are still taking a risk putting this on the bike
as long as it has been around it should be trouble free bolt on. Is it designed for stock motor ?? I hope someone can get some real up to date info. this is why people wont spend that kind of cash to many what about this or that stuff . everyone gets news they may be available at a good price wanting one but not sure how it will work out after the fact.. I sure hope we get some good news i personally am very interested in putting one on my 2013 muscle..

#29 · (Edited)
if any of you are scared of shelling an engine go git one of these. you'll fair much better.

#31 ·
This just had to come at the worst possible time for me!! This is the only FI system that I've been interested in since the beginning. I would still do it to my 1350 and more then likely will down the road. Just can't right now with my trip coming up in July.

#33 ·
This is no different than anything you buy the Warranty is supplied by the Manufacturer not the seller, whats the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.