Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Road Glide in Europe

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Louis 
#1 ·
What countries get it? In the UK they are only offering the CVO.

Evil plan to buy one, tart it up a bit, and flog it in Portugal. But, where can I find one? As rare as hen's teeth in the UK, and insanely expensive when one appears.

#2 ·
Arent you pretty loaded louis.. :D

Have a glide's full gauges set and radio sent to me for a Purple color transition. there's a lot of play stuff on that bike!

#4 ·
I think it looks great. And it is the only frame mount fairing, no way would I have a bar mounted one.

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

#5 ·
The RG is a dream to drive. It is great in head and cross winds, with no handlebar effect like a bat wing. HD stats even show that RG riders ride 15% or so more annually than any other bike. If you can find one, get it.

#6 ·
It's a small business I have accidentally started - buying modified bikes in the UK, where bikes are cheap (though not as cheap as the US!) and mods hit the price (people only trust stock), and importing them to Portugal, where the paperwork is daunting (but I know how to do it now), bikes are expensive, and good mods push up the value.

So once the Softail has won a few more shows it can be sold at (hopefully) a vast profit, and we can look at the next one. An RG would be great - rare, different, and pretty.

So, where have they been sold? 2009/2010 would be good. Pricey in the UK, only the CVO was imported. Anyone know if they were imported into Germany or anywhere like that? Spain? France?

#7 ·
Go onto the road glide forums. Plenty of posters from europe. How hard it is to buy one and ship from here? Joe

#9 ·
Louis, try looking over some guardrails in the Pyrenees or the Sierra de Gata. You might find a few that ended up worse for the wear after a rider got in over their head and went cactus surfing. If Spain and Portugal are anything like Mexico, no one retrieves the wrecks from the canyons, they just accumulate.

#22 ·
Yup. I've spent the money now anyway, but reasonably priced RG's don't seem to exist in Europe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#23 ·
You should have gotten it. And I love all the comments by the V-Rod elitists about the "slow" Road Glides. Absolutely laughable. Gazoo and I took a couple of V-Rodders on a long ride in Sturgis to Devil's Tower while in Sturgis, and you should have seen them struggling to keep up with our overweight slugs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#24 ·
You should have gotten it. And I love all the comments by the V-Rod elitists about the "slow" Road Glides. Absolutely laughable. Gazoo and I took a couple of V-Rodders on a long ride in Sturgis to Devil's Tower while in Sturgis, and you should have seen them struggling to keep up with our overweight slugs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I just don't understand it. I have a big twin, I have a V-rod. With the V-Rod, i go riding with people riding what I think of as "normal" bikes, and I can mostly keep up, so long as no-one goes mental on things like RSVs. On the single occasion I took a big twin (because everything else was off the road), everyone streamed past me and off into the distance. No problem, stopped me having to buy a round :D

But no way could I stay with myself on a V-Rod if I were on a big twin. Just no way.

I quite fancy an F6B now, but the UK price is stupid (like the RG).

#26 ·
Honda obviously don't expect it to go in Europe, and have imported a few at an insane markup.

I'm hoping they have so over-priced it nobody will even notice it exists and they have to sell them in the end for peanuts. I doubt it, but hey, I can hope!

#27 ·
LLouis interestingly they have brought the Road Glide out in OZ last year and it didnt sell they couldnt give them away they street glide was killing it. I dont understand it I like the look of the road glide but they didnt catch on over here so HD Australia have dropped them from their line up. They are a good bike to mod look tough as anything....

#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.