Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Shaking vrod

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  asharc13 
#1 ·
I have just had a 2 into 1 V&H competition pro exhaust fitted. Compared when the stock exhaust was fitted the bike appears to be shaking itself to death. It does not appear to be running rough, just having a lot of vibrations running through the bike. Is this normal with a V&H pipe?

#5 ·
That pipe needs to be tuned on a dyno.

I'll bet if you get on it it lessons and you have black smoke out the pipe.

I say you are running reral rich.

#6 ·
shaking vrod

I had a screamin eagle super turner fitted. I asked the shop about having a dyno done, but they assured me there was no need, because it was 'mapped'.
It does throw a small amount of black smoke when you rev it from idle when stationary.

Thanks for the advice, I will get it dyno'd.

My other question is when I ran it stationary at 4K RPM, the headers began to glow (red), rev'd for only about 20secs.
Is this normal, or an indicator of running rich also?

By the way long time rider, first time Harley owner. Don't know why i didn't do it years ago!!

So reason for the 101 questions..

#10 ·
I had a screamin eagle super turner fitted. I asked the shop about having a dyno done, but they assured me there was no need, because it was 'mapped'.
It does throw a small amount of black smoke when you rev it from idle when stationary.

Thanks for the advice, I will get it dyno'd.

My other question is when I ran it stationary at 4K RPM, the headers began to glow (red), rev'd for only about 20secs.
Is this normal, or an indicator of running rich also?

By the way long time rider, first time Harley owner. Don't know why i didn't do it years ago!!

So reason for the 101 questions..
Don't do that! The bike runs very lean at low throttle openings / higher revs, so sustained running there has the potential to do damage.

#7 ·
a tune is in order.

Some here have had that too.

Maybe they will post up.

#9 ·
they said the bike will feel different, maybe it is just that, but it does vibrate considerably more than when the stock pipe was on.
Of more concern now is the headers glowing red when I rev'd it while stationary.
I have it going back into the shop next week,will let you know of the outcome.

#11 ·
Thanks Louis will keep that in mind

#14 ·
2013 3815km

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.