#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Really like it.

#11 ·
wicked , lovin' the gold wheels

#14 ·
The NLC bikes do look sweet. Nice contrasting color scheme. It seems to me that most of their bikes tend to be of several different designs though (other than the absence of external rear shocks on this one) with different colors. The skins, fork, and exhaust are all repeats (more like a signature). I see that they left a stock light (A model?) to align it with the Porsche vs the alien looking one that they usually use..

#15 ·
Wow, I absolutely love the bikes these guys put out. I was planning on going with an 18 inch rim on the back and a 21 on the front but it appears they have a larger diameter back rim then front? Anyone know what they are running for rim diameters?

Is it a performance decision for the rim diameters they are choosing? Will the smaller front rim handle better then a 21"? Or is it a European style choice?

#36 ·
BMW used to run a 17 inch front wheel and an 18 inch rear wheel on 1991 and later K-100RS 16V bikes and the K-1100RS, while the RT/LT touring models those years ran narrower 18 inch front and 17 inch rear wheels. The Germans, at least BMW, like to tune the handling by changing roll centers relative to a line through the center of mass, called the "Mike Axis".

#18 ·
That is by far one of the nicest NLCs bikes I have seen to date. Great work finally a rear end that doesnt totally resemble a crotch rocket.

#25 ·
Yea they make some kickass stuff I owe a precision machine shop and we have already successfully designed, machined, and assembled our own drive side brake system.

#26 ·
Im familiar and impressed with your work. I chatted with you on the phone several times; I almost sent my bike to you acouple months ago for my big bore build.

Does your drive side system use a perimeter brake setup? I would love to see a pic.

I saw the RSD bike that incorporated a Ducati under seat mono shock, but this dual under take air shock is a much better design. Not only for astetics (air shocks) but also more usable (larger fuel tank). Also it is a bolt on system, where the RSD bike involved alot of custom framework.

While NLC does some amazing CNC work, I dont believe NLC designs their own bodywork.

#28 ·
Interesting set up at least the rsd system would be functional given it maintains some sort of length to the suspension stroke. This looks like shorter suspension again which is not that good all done in the name of looks i reckon. It actually looks like you coud adapt that system to a conventional swing arm with a little bit of work.

#32 ·
Wow what an awsome bike. Love every bit of it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.