Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Project: Monobody

5K views 46 replies 29 participants last post by  BT 
#1 ·
So some of you may have seen that I'm going big bore this winter. And while I'm saving up the money to pay for everything and buying the pieces between I need to keep busy. Sooo last year I seen the Kele Design monobody and just feel lin love with it. So I decided this year I will attempt to build my own out of carbon fiber. I've worked with fiberglass before and had some great outcomes, so I'm excited to work the carbon fiber. I'm also going to be creating some seat cowls for my wifes SV650s motorcycle to get my feet wet with the carbon fiber. I plan on doing all this via vacuum infusion so that it will be the strongest and light as possible. At this time I don't plan on making them to sell but depending on how much interest there is I will consider it. I'll keep you update on the progress, it will be a slow process just hope to have a base one made by the summer to use.

Here are some pics of the beginning, how many of you can say that you have an R value motorcycle!

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
Yup Youlz is correct went a different direction last year, got a couple of roughed out shapes done but nothing that really blew me away. And then the budget manger of the project...aka the Wife. told me that I could ever do my engine, or finish the mono body. And since I was begging to tear into the engine I decided to go that route. I wouldn't say it's dead, or that I gave up but it's on the back burn for now.

#38 ·
Good to hear.

Keep us posted on any updates

#41 ·
Denny, Yeah I'd seen that one before I started on my project. Something about that tail just seems weird to me, not really sure what it is. But that had been one of the ones that I liked to take ideas from.

And technically it's still not since it doesn't include the side louvers in it's design :hidesbeh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.