Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Will a speedo from a 07 work on a 02

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RustyG 
#1 ·
Just wondering if a 07 cluster will work on a 02 bike the part number of the 07 is 67453-07A .. Thank you !!!

#2 ·
Just wondering if a 07 cluster will work on a 02 bike the part number of the 07 is 67453-07A ......
From what I've read here on the forum, yes, electrically it should work, however; that P/N is for the VRSCD/DX/X bikes and so you'll have some problem fitting this IM in a VRSCA IM housing (for one thing the reset switch won't line up with the hole in the housing).

#4 ·
I think that's because the reset switch for the VRSCA isn't part of the IM so you can position the switch to fit through the hole in the D/DX/X housing. The reset switch for the D/DX/X is attached to the IM and cantilevered towards the back. I'm pretty sure it won't line up with the hole in the VRSCA/AW lower cover.

#9 ·
If what you say is true then I guess there's no problem with swapping either way.

The parts catalog shows a distinct difference between three different configurations so I figured there had to be some reason the parts catalog indicates that some IMs will fit the VRSCA/AW, others will fit VRSCD/DX/X, and a third type that will fit the VRSCR.

#10 ·
Steve its been a while since I had the 03 cluster in my hand but I think the button is attached . I have a -08 cluster setting on my desk so I know I'm right about that one. Now I did have to add 4 nut-serts to the back of the 03 cluster to be able to bolt it to the 08 b risers. When HD changed to the new fuel guage that might account for another change. Yes the R AND F cluster are another issue.

#11 ·
It's been a while since I removed mine also (and it's a pain to remove and install because I've added some things inside the cover) but the 2007 parts catalog pictures show a cantilevered reset switch on the IM for the VRSCD/DX/X and none on the IM for the VRSCAW (I guessed it was separate and attached by wires). I do see that the replacement reset switch (P/N 67854-98) is the same for all VRSC bikes so the picture for the VRSCAW IM could be wrong.

#12 ·
took a shot of a 67392-01A(from a 04, nuts included now) 67394-07 67453-09 I believe last two are from DX
The connector pin layout is the same so it should work. Never tryed but i recall reading about it.
only thing litlle off will be the gas level gauge.

Attachments

#14 ·
When i made the 'low feul light' for gaugeless bikes i noticed with the newer and older gauge a diffrence with the same 'value for the floater'.. (resistor to ground). so i made a offset adjuster. Just learn the diffrence and if you have problems with the difference PM me. i have to dive into it again but if i'm right it's easy to correct with one 10cent part in the wire.

#15 ·
I/We installed a 2002 cluster on a 2003 with no proplems. THe fuel gauge even worked. The 07 model has a sonar based sending unit while the 03 had the ball and stick thingy. The gauge apparently recognizes either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.