Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

It is with a sad heart....

3K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  luxlamf 
#1 ·
That I mourn the passing of my beloved 2006 Streetrod... I bought my R brand new in 2006 and have put many miles on it since new. It has been a great bike, but after 6 years it was time to let it go. Even though I no longer own a V-Rod, I will still frequent here and will still attend all future Homecoming rallies. Without further ado, I present to you my new bike. A 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC.. It has 167hp, 8 setting traction control, wheelie control, launch control, etc............ I really wish I had the space and money to keep the R, but for now I could only have 1 bike. Perhaps in the future I will buy another V-Rod, but for now I will have to make do with the Aprilia :D Here are a few pics of the new bike:

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I am a bit spontaneous at times. And the Yellow was one of the main selling points :D

I already miss the R, but I was just at a point in my life where I needed something new/different...

#5 ·
Great bikes, only issue I am aware of, which may be cured on the newer models is the gas line to the fuel pump, inside the tank, can back off and cause the bike to miss at around half tank, which gets worse the lower the tank level gets. Seems they didn't use a barbed tube to attach the rubber line to and over time it backs off.
This was the 1000 V-twin models as a clarification.

That V-4 is a rocket.

Did you trade or do you have a new member to steer here?

#6 ·
Your mourning space dude, get over it.

I lament the same problem with 2 bikes in the garage with racks of corrosion control products from my wifes business fighting my realm of MC addidiction, but refuse to sell my 02 due to space limitations. 02 is the first model year for the VR and to me it is as good as gold.

The other mule is my 39 Knuckle, could not afford that first model year of 1936, and frankly, too much at stake to ride somethign like that on the road with the crazy cagers and the love touchers.

Nothing is stopping you from doing a build out, or finding a space so you can build a stable.

A friend has 10 bikes, from a 1933 VL to his newest which is a 03 VR. BTW, the next newest is his panhead and he jokes and says I don't like new shite......

#7 ·
Sorry for your loss...:sad:
At least we'll have something to burn at MWT8!:stilpoke::angeldev:

#12 ·
Thanx, it is really close in color to the R...... Mine will be a stock 999cc, I can still compete in the stock class :hidesbeh:

#14 ·
I got a little scare with the title of your thread!
The bottom line is that you are happy (happier:) and I'm sure the new owner of that 06 will be happy too.
BTW, you gave me an idea - because I ride with 22-50 year olds, sport bikes to baggers, I think I'll rent a sport bike one day and roll with the fellas just to get a different feel than on my F! :ride:

#19 ·
Nope :D

CONGRATZ!!!!!I been staking Aprilla for a couple of years now on the internet .I just never got a chance to see one in person .How does the v4 sound!? and hows the comfort ? You cant beat the torque and sound of a twin. I really like the Tuono and plan on owning one with in the next couple of years or sooner .I just dream about factory .hehe. When i get mine ,i think im going to have to get the race ecm and pipes before it leaves the door.
Even with the stock exhaust it sounds pretty damn mean, especially over 5,000 RPM's when the exhaust is fully opened. It has a butterfly valve in it that is partially closed until 5,000 RPM's. Promotes warm up,noise control, emissions, etc....... So far, it is very comfortable. Haven't put alot of miles on it yet, but good so far.

#18 ·
CONGRATZ!!!!!I been staking Aprilla for a couple of years now on the internet .I just never got a chance to see one in person .How does the v4 sound!? and hows the comfort ? You cant beat the torque and sound of a twin. I really like the Tuono and plan on owning one with in the next couple of years or sooner .I just dream about factory .hehe. When i get mine ,i think im going to have to get the race ecm and pipes before it leaves the door.

#24 ·
Congrats!
Funny response from many..... When I posted that I bought a BMW K1600, I got a lot of trash talk from the haters... I guess the aprillia is more loved?

#26 ·
You crossed the "Harley Moron Line" by buying a touring bike other then the big heavy slow exprnsive and ugly HD touring bike so the morons came out to "Squawk and Defend" the sanctuary they live in.
No one likes the R in the 1st place so most are happy to hear another on is off the road.

How anyone lives with those cast staggered wheels is beyond me.

#33 ·
Philthy,you and I have had this conversation & we both agree, but Yamaha dropped the ball when they restyled the XVZ to look like a H-D bagger.

I've two neighbors with Ventures,one has the newer style,to be fair he had 2 of the older ones first & the other neighbor has the old one plus a VRSCD in his garage.

XVZ Yamaha Venture one of the best motors I've ridden.
1983--1986, 3yrs/50,000 miles living here in Ohio. Was sorry to see it go.

#34 ·
I look at that grey Nova with the fairing that ended up on the FXRT in the Harley Museum, remember how the Venture felt and sounded riding it, and shake my head at what could have been. HD fit and finish on that power train. I would still buy one if HD would build it. I know, I know, wish in one hand and deficate in the other and see which one is filled the fastest ..............

Now you can begin to understand my post on the R thread about the Hannigan fairing. Well, maybe some can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.