Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Progressive 12" on 08-11 Night Rod Special

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  trbo2nr 
#1 ·
I'm considering going with the 412 12" springs on my nrs. I would love to see some different angled pictures showing how much of the rear tire the stock rear fender cover with 12" springs. If you own a pair of the 12" springs please share your experience. I know the 440's are a better spring but i am on a budget and mainly changing out the spring to lower the bike.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
PM me your e-mail. I just did this on my 07 DX. I went with 440 12" and I did the lowering fork springs on the front. I can e-mail you nice quality pics my buddy took (he is into photography).

Bob

#6 ·
I am not 100% on answering, though the rear came down 1/2", I tweaked the front by replacing the PCV spacers with customs that I made to keep the front drop as close to 1/2" as I could get.

I did notice the 440s make the bike feel more connected with the road and the front is a little harder than the OEMs. I noticed it as soon as I test rode it and very happy with the results.

I'll have to let the experts chime in.

Bob

#8 ·
#10 ·
Thanks. I just want to ride but have to wait for the snow to melt and roads to clear up......

#13 ·
I just purchased the 440 12.0" for rear and lowering kit for the front. I did not use the OEM spacers from Progressive, but went out and purchased PVC and cut to my needs and ended up with what I wanted. I really can't explain. You have to pull the OEM springs out of the front and have the Progressive lowering springs in front of you to get a picture of it. I think the Progressive kit lowers the front by 1" and I was not looking to go to 1", just 1/2" inch.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.