Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Show your Cusomized VRSCR's!!! (Post some pics)

164K views 503 replies 186 participants last post by  Hogpro 
#1 ·
Just curious to see what people are doing to these bikes. I wasn't too fond of the R's at first untill I seen one at the dealership. Man, they look loads better in person! Mid controls still are not my thang as I like fwd controls of the A's and B's better, but I would like to see what you guys/gals are doing to your rides! Do they make Fwd controls for the R's?

Later
Gary

#339 ·
I know, mine was built in 05 as well.... Just find it odd that people call theirs an 05 when in reality the R was only a 2 year designation from 06-07:)

#341 ·
I think in Europe, the model year of a vehicle is determined by the date of manufacture. In other words, a "2006 model" vehicle had to be produced during calander year 2006, not sometime the year before.
I was clued in to this when I encountered a BMW K100 in Australia and the data plate stated it was a 1983 model. Being a K100 nut case this surprised me because BMW didn't introduce the K100 until October of 1983 as, I thought, a 1984 model, and their parts finder shows nothing earlier than a 1984 model. Yet here was this K100 sitting before me with a data plate clearly stating it was a 1983 model. The dealer tech explained to me that in Europe what model year a vehicle is depends entirely on the production date.
If Louis or one of our other European members has different info let me know. This explanation is two decades old now and things can change.

#343 ·
That's how mine stared out .. Best V-rod ever produced IMO !!!

#345 ·
:thumb: I considered doing something similar to mine.

#349 ·
VRSCR's were on sale in 2005 in the US same as Europe... They are still classified as 2006 models in the US.... In the US, the new model years typically start around April/May, so anything built after that would be classified as the next model year.. As an example: my old R was built in June 2005, but is classified as a 2006 model, same as yours and every other R built in 2005 through Spring/Summer 2006:)

#356 ·
Red'S R!

I've installed SuperTrapp exhaust, replaced stock handles with pearl black ones,added license plate frame, installed corbin seat, got Avons 200 Rear and got it Tyno Tuned. This winter i will replace rear brake switch,install new banjo bolt, would like to add adjustable front pegs for cruising and perhaps head light cover.

That's it! The bike is "smokin" as it is, I don't want to add too much more.. even the old lady love it!:angeldev:

Attachments

#357 ·
Hello)
Its my fist "R" ))
My giixer 1000 K6 for track day.
My old Kawa & Yamaha 1.8 supercharged wheelie )))))))

Attachments

#373 ·
Thank you!
Last three days of assorted motorcycle! Here are a couple of pictures))
First photo: This week I opened the season! In Moscow, a lot of snow, but the roads were dry that day) was-4C. ))) Now make out and prepare to moto season! I want to weight chrome paint in black paint, replaced the tires, all fluids, brake pads and etc! Tomorrow will show pictures, even make out) I could not leave it at that!

#374 ·
Here's a photo! And 200 Metz
And one photo of my first HD

Attachments

#379 ·
'06 VRSCR. Purchased with just under 2300 miles in Nov. 2012. Now almost 2800 miles and added the following mods/accessories;
Luggage rack
Padded sissy bar
Chrome engine guards
V&H 2 into 1 exhaust
VRSCR signature saddlebags
K&N air filter (topless)
K&N oil filter (Royal Purple 20-50w oil)
Security system
Power Commander V
Polished stainless steel nuts and bolts EVERYWHERE
Split Vision chrome mirrors
Kuryakyn mirror stem extenders (Finally, I can see behind me)
Chrome headlight cover
Spitfire quick release windshield
Chrome pivot bolt covers
Service, electrical & owner's manuals

Had it Dyno Tuned this past Tuesday - Max Torque was raised from 73.18 to 81.30
HP 105.02 to 111.30

More yet to do but taking a financial break.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.