Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Motohooligan Air Box Dyno Sheets

70K views 301 replies 84 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
Thought I would start a new thread with dyno sheets for Motohooligans new air box.

Lets get some dyno sheets in here!

Quick break down on Jon's #'s from dyno pull...looking at it this way it is very impressive!

In one post I think he said something about a 58mm Throttle Body being installed with the airbox but didn't mention it being installed on the post with the Dyno sheet, so I'm assuming it's the stock TB

This based off the sheet I could see, never saw where the blue line reached 115HP

RPM....Blue line....Red line....Increase in HP

3540....42hp.......50hp........+8......right in the cruze range!

3980....51hp.......54hp........+3

4420....56hp.......62hp........+6......right where my stock bike starts pulling really hard

4870....63hp.......76hp........+13.....Now +13 horses here would be interesting

5310....70hp.......87hp........+17

5750....78hp.......91hp........+13

6190....83hp.......102hp......+19.....WOW :notworth:

6640....89hp.......106hp......+17

7080....95hp.......109hp......+14

7520....102hp......120hp.....+18.....:rj:

7960....107hp......117hp.....+10

With a best of +19 horses and large double digit HP increases in power over most of the range we ride in, over and above a dyno tuned bike with slip ons and a PC-V, I'd have to declare this a worthwhile upgrade to say the least...have started my airbox savinging fund as of now!!!!!!!!!

*NOTE* This was the Stock Throttle Body on bike for Dyno pull.
The Velocity stacks are made out of the same billet Alum. as the airbox...the plastic Velocity stacks shown in pic was for prototyping the final design. ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It's a new design he's just made for the V-Rod so it might not be on his site yet, dyno sheet is off a 1130cc V-Rod owned by jon1zc a forum member who bought one of his first prototypes, there's a very long thread posted above about the Air box and it's development.

Just thought I'd start a new one for dyno sheets with it installed on V-Rods. ;) hoping to get more so there's a few for comparison. This one was just a good ex. of a bike that had been dyno tuned before and after.

I go to farmington dragway for the Mopar show most years wouldn't mind dropping in to see the bikes run, when is it doing the bike drags?

#8 ·
dyno sheet is off a 1130cc V-Rod owned by jon1zc a forum member, there's a very long thread posted above about the Air box. Just thought I'd start a new one for dyno sheets with it installed on V-Rods. ;)

I go to farmington dragway for the Mopar show most years wouldn't mind dropping in to see the bikes run, when is it doing the bike drags?
next bike race is 4/1 then every other friday til about august.

#12 ·
ShaDi,

My impressions are; It looks awesome! The bike rides with a hell of a lot more oomph!! There is absolutely no delay now when you twist the throttle (immediate response). It pushes you ahead with almost a yank.

I am definitely going to figure a way out on how to display this beauty while riding (am thinking a lid that has the top of this box protruding thru, similar to a muscle car shaker hood)...

#14 ·
ShaDi,

I would pm motohooligan. He had 3 available after I received mine a couple weeks ago, if anything you can get on his next order list... from reading the link on his web site (http://www.motohooliganperformance.com) this is a part time gig for him (an aerospace engineer in his regular job)..

#17 ·
thanks jon1zc. i emailed him and he said he might be doing another batch in the near future, just trying to see how many folks are interested in one.

#15 ·
looks nice...in my gallerry, there is a pic. of a guy on a v-rod with a blower sticking out of the lid. he might be a member??? i rode next to him, when he wacked the throttle, the bike launched forward as he was hit from behind by a truck.

#19 ·
looks nice...in my gallery, there is a pic. of a guy on a v-rod with a blower sticking out of the lid. he might be a member??? i rode next to him, when he wacked the throttle, the bike launched forward as he was hit from behind by a truck.
Hehehe do you think that huge nitrous bottle on the side might have had some help with that huge accelleration?

I am thinking of something a little more subtle (like the attached photo). Also, the Motoairbox sits offset to the right when you look at it from behind. I think that it would look cool offset (like some cars/trucks you see out there), especially if I get the top of it chromed ;).

I don't need to see dyno results. Just look inside your air box with the cover off the filter and see how the original velocity stacks are crammed in there. I just hope they are still around when I have the money. Very nice part.
:them:

Attachments

#16 ·
I don't need to see dyno results. Just look inside your air box with the cover off the filter and see how the original velocity stacks are crammed in there. I just hope they are still around when I have the money. Very nice part.

#18 ·
I'm in on the next one too if he decides to do it! The artwork alone makes it worth every red cent. The hp? Thats just a bonus!

#20 ·
I thought about getting a damaged cover and just making a sorta surround outta of it so that you could see the airbox but not every thing else. Put me in line for the next round of boxes

#118 ·
Sir. Your air box is a thing of beauty. Noting the smooth lines and nice radius of the air horns, I would expect to see improved air flow numbers and a corresponding increase in HP and torque. I am allso looking forward to seeing some reliable dyno comparsons to prove it. I do have a question, what is the differance in weight between the stock set up and yours? I for one, would love to see a carbon fiber base and lid on your set up. Yea, I know it would add to the cost, but I don't want to add weight so high up if I can help it. Truley though, a dyno sheet with a solid + 5 to 6 HP gain would make me a buyer for sure. Thanks for all your hard work. Ed...

#25 ·
Stomper, I know one was done for a 1402 so I would venture to guess that he will do them both ways.

#24 ·
big news guys ,wanna check one out for real ,and maybe see it in action ,after a bike without has had its run on a dyno ,then a hopefully a quick change over and the motohooligan box gets a run ,moto has kindly donating one for mwt 6 ,like i keep on posting, u miss this mwt ,ur just plain outa luck ,lol

thanks big time motohooligan ,sorry for the sort of hijack ,but a great thread to show ur generosity

#31 ·
I am going to have dyno numbers on my 06 A with Rinehart 2 into 2 pipes with the Motohooligan airbox when I finish the winter upgardes and get it tuned HD super tuner and also my wife's bike 04 A has Rinehart 2 into 2 pipes with K&N and HD Race tuner w/o the Motohooligan and I will post her dyno numbers from the same dyno the same day. Just have patience will I get the winter mods done and I will get them posted when they are done. It should be a true comparision to before and after.

#33 ·
Mine has been installed for a couple of weeks now but I have yet to get the bike to be checked on the dyno as my Fiancée is very ill as she has had a bad lupus flare up.I am now more concerned about her health than the bike so it may be a bit before we get the ride strapped down.I have ridden the bike a few times with the airbox installed and have been watching my numbers on my LCD uit and things seem ok and only minor adjustments were made to the AFR.

#35 ·
Why does that dyno sheet say it's a four cylinder engine? Why were the pulls done in 4th gear? And why were the pulls done 7 months apart? Am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing?

Edit: The more I look at that sheet, the less I understand. The torque line seems to be up in the hundreds, and the AFR peaks at 30 to 1? Obviously, I'm reading something wrong, but I don't know what.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.