Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#3,786 ·
New tires!

Threw my new Avon Cobras in the wifey's car and had her follow me over to the hardley dealer for the install. Rode 100 miles to break 'em in, and came home for a couple libations...

#3,787 ·
Garland HD came by today and picked up my bike. It needs two tires, oil change, and a 40K service. (At 90K, they start over at 50K). The service writer estimates about 4 hours. Since I have a tire & maintenance warranty (lifetime) it'll cost me about $200 as I pay labor for the tires and the extra for the HD Syn.

So far, the service contract has cost the dealer a bit over $10,000. :)

#3,788 ·
Drove mine for a nice leisurely ride thru the hills/jungle of Subic bay. Perfect weather, 87 degrees, no rain, slight breeze and had some Spicy Chicken Curry chased down with a couple of ice cold San Mig's at my favorite watering hole.

Here is pic from the shoreline overlooking the bay....

Attachments

#3,793 ·
Installed my hidden Arnott setup along with progressive fronts(didn't really lower it???) Now to ride today!

#3,795 ·
Thanks, i love the look now. Got my buddy hooked on the V-Rod and now he owns one. Rode today and broke alot of necks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3,799 ·
Went to the dealer and picked up my bike. They are temporarily without a driver to deliver it back to me. Cost me $120 for two tires, 90k maintenance, including oil change, and annual inspection. Their cost (before my pre paid maintenance and tire warranty) $540.:dance:

Now I have to figure out why the v-gauge no longer works. I figure they managed to disconnect a wire somewhere.

#3,800 ·
Oh the joy of post maintenance and troubleshooting after Dealer pre-paid maintenance. I had 12 services done at 5k intervals on mine and only one time it was actually ready to ride when they finished.

#3,804 ·
Received my NLC radiator cover and test fitted it!
Wrapped my V&H 2-1 in exhaust wrap and got to see some pictures of my half completed custom paint job:dance:

#3,824 ·
Finally got around to going and picking the focking thing up. New Slipper Clutch, Fuel unit (again), Alter Cover (again), Stator (again), Reguator and wheel (again) and tire.
Know what's a LOT of Fun? Riding 80mph on a rain soaked freeway getting pissed on with a brand new front tire, lots of fun.

Riding right into "The Shite"

The Euro/American finally Meets the Limey on a cool rainy day, kind of like the signing of the Versailles Treaty but that was the French and in a train car.

Attachments

#3,825 ·
Re-installed my pipes after wrapping them in V&H exhaust wrap and spraying them with DEI hi temp silicone spray.

Attachments

#3,829 ·
That looks really clean, 2x. Do me a favor and let me know how it holds up.

Jimmy

#3,827 ·
Broke down in the middle of no where, opened a farm gate so I could park in the shade of a tree and waited for a mate to bring out some tools, yes this dumb ass had no tools with me ( oh and thanks hd for putting the battery in such an easily accessible position(muscle))
Anyway after stripping the bike I was able to tighten the negative battery terminal and all was good Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system Recreation

Also had a surprise visit from this ole bike
Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle part Bicycle wheel Bicycle

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.