Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Other NOS systems. Not Boss Noss

4K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  It's Anarchy 
#1 ·
has anyone tried and other NOS systems besides the Boss Noss, Like Holly, Pingel, ZEX, Edelbrock? Most wet systems you would tap into the Schrader valve so when the spray comes on the factory fuel system supplies the the extra fuel. Not sure if the factory pump is capible of supplying the fuel for NOS. (no more then a 30hp hit on a progressive controller) Other systems are dry so the fuel injectors supply the fuel but something needs to tell the computer to add more fuel once the system is activated. I still am interested in Boss Noss, nothing wrong with keeping options open :D

#2 ·
#4 ·
Yeah dry system and I have had the bike tuned since and I run cams, Destroyer TB, and 6.3 injectors and can safely spray the 50 shot.if you have any questions pm your number ill be glad to go over the whole system with you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Motorcycle

#7 ·
No PM

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Motorcycle

#8 · (Edited)
Anyone have any info of the dynotune basic NOS system. It retails for 375 USD and as i am new to the world of NOS would appreciate any advice based on the following. The item is planned for a nitrod special 07 based in Indonesia and relatively hot climate all year round/crap fuel.

I have a doebeck plug play for a 1250 nitrod and the company advises it can be used on the 1130 engine on base settings and adjustable to suit. The idea really is to only use the NOS at HP 20 and max HP 30 for shows and occasional stress relieving moments. Again any points of view, advice re setup is much appreciated.

#9 ·
You should be fine as long as you pick the Harley EFI kit. That kit has a nice quick release bottle bracket so you can remove the bottle if its to hot out but honestly I never removed mine even on the 100 degree plus days...it actually raises the bottle pressure which is good.the kit is simple to install and should only take a couple hours. It doesn't tell you where to mount the spray nozzles but there you can mount them right in the air filter cover and you do have to have the IAT sensor close to the spray. PM me if you have questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#11 ·
When I spoke to Steve at Dyno Tune he told me to put the IAT sensor as close to the spray as possible. I do have pictures in my profile album if you want to see them. My nozzles are mounted one on each tall side of the air filter cover on the side You get good mixture crossing the spray

#14 ·
Give me a bit to see what's going on with it, I'm at work right now but will look ASAP

#15 ·
#16 ·
Thanks for the info anarchy. Will purchase minus the purge and probably/definitely seeking advice during the install.

Cheers

#17 ·
No problem...hit me up when you are in the process if you have questions...

#19 ·
I went the efi standard nitrous pack (dynotunenitrous) and its on the way barring any end of world issues on 21/22 december look foward to the install.

#18 ·
i'm not bad mouthing any N2O systems. Personally I went with BOSS NOSS. I just didn't like the idea of the AIT sensor controling the extra fuel needed. Maybe it works perfect but I THINK the nitrous hits the engine before the extra fuel does unless the ECM can make changes that fast. If I was to go any other route I would go with a true wet system from someone like Holley or Pingel, Fuel either comes from a external fuel pump or some you can tap right off the Schrader valve. maybe a plate system that bolts to the top of the TB's? Other companies that sell / design N2O systems take notice? :stilpoke: :D

#21 ·
I have the Boss Noss system. I am 50% happy with it. Easy to install, but I've had to replace the controller and 4 bottle valves over 3 years. Would have chosen a different system today.

#22 ·
I have the Boss Noss system. I am 50% happy with it. Easy to install, but I've had to replace the controller and 4 bottle valves over 3 years. Would have chosen a different system today.
The bottle valves are built decent but they use cheap azz O-Rings in the guts. Take the valves apart and replace the O-Rings with Air Conditioning O-Rings ( They won't crack & leak as easy ).

The Controller Replacement Sucks.. Can't give any input about that..

#24 ·
Yes, the one w the blinking lights ;) It just died on me one day. Bike is still not together, but will hopefully be in a month or so. Local shop had some expensive equipment die on them, they (and I) have been waiting for parts. I really wanna get my frame and swingarm coated while the bike is in pieces, but bike costs + backtax has killed our economy...

#26 ·
#28 ·
Oh, that! I want it wrinkle black, not shiny :)

#30 ·
Assuming I finally get around to plumbing/wiring the system I've had on the shelf for a year, I will be shortly.

#32 ·
Anarchy, i tried to send a pm and allegedly your inbox is full and cant send till u delete some.

Cheers

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.