Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

If Aliens stole Your Vrod....

3K views 47 replies 32 participants last post by  luxlamf 
#1 ·
This thread was hinted at in another, but rather than clutter that one up with these thoughts, let's start another......

So you wake up, go to the garage and the Greys have taken your VRod.........and left you a check for YOUR "fair market value".......

Would you replace it with another VRod? YES/NO

If you answer is YES, please use this format:

Yes,

I had (have) an (04 VRSCA, with a RipperMax Turbo, a CustomSnot Paint Job, and BlowMeAway exhaust, plus......

I would look to replace it with a (08 whatever..........

And WHY: (Bigger tank, newer year, ABS, better styling, new project, whatever...........)

If your answer is NO, use this format:

NO

Then STFU. There are plenty of threads to argue about Ducattis, Triumphs, M109's, .........use them! Not here, we are discussing IF you were to buy another VRod, because you wanted to buy another VRod (and had lost the one you have), which model would you go for and why.

And for Lux: don't even mention Bentleys or that car crap.

See less See more
#34 ·
Yes. I'd buy the same exact model or newer if I could find one but with the mileage it has I doubt. I just got it like a month ago so I don't have enough of riding this thing yet.

#35 ·
I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Preferably an 08 Nite Rod with a 180 and ABS if possible. Replacd the frame rails, pegs etc to make an A model out of it. Or just find another Impact bue 04 A

#36 ·
Yes, and I'd buy another '05 SE same color as the one that got stolen, and then mod it up to the way I've got it now. Love 'em both the way they are. Would consider a yellow '06 SE as well though...

#40 ·
Step away from the crack pipe! :rofl2::rofl:

#44 ·
Okay, for the LA crowd........

Mutant Retarded West Coast Bimbos peed on your Vrod, rusting it into a solid clump of matter, the insurance company paid you off royally,would you replace it with what you have as far as a Vrod,or would you start with a newer model of Vrod, why and if you are going with a bike other than a Vrod, post on another thread.

Got it now Lux?

#42 ·
just lemme say this...
This is my second Harley,first NEW Harley..My FIRST Harley was 38 yrs ago,a "custom" '48 Panhead.

So to answer your question,now that I have ridden a "new" Harley,and a very fine machine it is..I would want to experience a NEW airhead..prolly a Dyna.. so my answer would be NO to another new VROD..

ALF and ET can twist my B's throttle to their hearts content! :D

#43 ·
Dirty grey bastids, I hope that f'n groundhog under my garage bit one of them on the ankle on the way by. Better yet hope they beamed his azz up with the bike and he infests their ship like tribbles.
Yes, I would buy another, warts and all. I like my R and would have another. Just a pipe, filter and tune. Maybe a few shiny bits.

#45 ·
Hmmmm. Have an R and an AW. If they took the AW, I would replace it with an R. If they took the R, I would replace it with an R. If the MOCO would make a sport touring revo motor bike, I would buy that. I am thinking of replacing the AW, anyway, but am leaning toward something with 160 HP, water cooled, GT type of bike. Joe

#47 ·
I am thinking of replacing the AW, anyway, but am leaning toward something with 160 HP, water cooled, GT type of bike. Joe
If my AW was gone, I'd miss it (I may never sell it). It is truely a brute of a cruiser and I really like riding it, but by todays standards Harley mechanics overall are a disappointment. Originally I said I'd buy another V, but truthfully I'd go back to a BMW or Triumph. I think it's a great time to be riding because there are so many excellent bikes to choose from and I hope manufacturers keep upping their game. 30 years ago we could only dream of the abilities todays bikes have, tomorrow, who knows?

"Ride On Bro's"

#46 ·
Yes Yes Yes! I don't fall in love too quickly, but I do fall in deep!
Carp, after runnin' with many of the other models you mentioned, I still see the VRSCF as the good-lookn well-rounded sport bruiser to park in my garage!
I'd have to get another ABS F with the same pipes and upgrades. The only thing I haven't done and will do is a custom color and LEDs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.