Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Samson Calibers Too Loud!

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  gritgolfer 
#1 ·
Have Sampson Calibers on my '06 R. No one wants to ride behind me. Tried wrapping the baffles with exhaust wrap but still really load. Can anyone suggest a slip-on that's not as loud but still maintains preformance? Don't want to put stock ones back on. Saw a set of pipes on ebay today HD 65039-05. Anyone used these? Take long 2,000 plus mile trips every summer and riding friends need ear refief! Thanks.

#3 ·
About the H-D 65039-05 Harley Davidson "Hollowpoint" slip on mufflers.

One of several threads on here about them:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24099

Essentially,they're the Night Rod mufflers with chrome end caps. Possibly a little louder at speed.

#6 ·
:thumb:

#8 ·
I take it you have the stock head pipes on your bike? Supertrapp slip ons are probably the most developed of the aftermarket slip ons. You can tune them by adding or subtracting baffle plates, trading horsepower for decibles until you get the compromise that suits you.

#10 ·
if you have cams and headwork done that makes mellow pipes loud I run a V+h 2-1 and ride with alot of other Vrods with the same pipe mine is louder than all others but not crazy loud!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.