Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Signal light eliminator

11K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Mikey P. 
#1 ·
Where can you buy signal light eliminator/relocate kits for my new NRS?

Thanks new at this

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There was a guy on eBay who use to fabricate them. I tried to look him up but could not find him. He usually fabricates Nissan Z parts and since he had a vrod, he fabricated these too. Maybe someone on the forum knows him and can help you out. With his kit you could mount the rear turn signals near the upper fastner of the rear shocks.

#11 ·
that would be MegaZ.

#3 ·
I don't know about the 12/13 but my 11 has bag attachment holes in the under fender that many people have just taken small plates of steel and relocated there lights there. About mid fender you should feel tiny holes if they are still there. Four holes in a little steel plate will move em to a pretty good spot. I had planned on using this but instead I got the led strip for the bottom rear of the fender

#5 ·
Are there spacers between the shock and the frame?

-Keith

#6 ·
There is a hole on either side right behind the shock mounts on the inner fender. Kinda behind the reflector. I just made "L" brackets out of 14ga sheetmetal and bolted them there. Had to lengthen the wiring but wasnt too hard. Looks a million times better. Also used a dremel and shaved off the mounts on the stock dogs ass, that was after this pic was taken though, I dont have any real good ones of that. Looks factory now.

#8 ·
The V&H sound great. Everyone here seems to run it. No real pics of my bike. I took this one the other day though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Loving the pipe and tuner, no issues with either. I think the fit could have been a little better on the pipe but no complaints really. I mainly use the PV for water temp gauge now.

The thing on the left if actually just a 3 switch housing from Harley. I put it on there for the LED lighting I installed. Looks factory but the housing a bit bigger than I would have liked. It houses up to 3 switches, I only have one on in that pic and have since installed another but havent used it yet. I was going to wire the killerglass LED seperate from the rest of the bike but changed my mind.

#13 ·
Just fabbing up some brackets to move my tail lights also going to make a bracket for the license plate get rid of the stock part all together. Considering putting new Muscle mirrors on with the built in signal lights, just paint them flat black. Think they should fit. I'll post some pics later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.