Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Cult Werk Headlight kit

12K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Giddyup 
#1 ·
So, i got this headlight lowering kit for the VRSCA, the unique thing about this kit is that it is made to work with the "A" style headlight. I can have a cowl, hide the cluster, and not have to use the night rod headlight. I think its a much more sleek look too, very streamlined.

end result, the headlight is about 2 inches lower and sits out further to allow space for the gauge cluster. The finish on the cowl is on the rough side and will take some good preparation before painting, the mounting bracket is pretty solid but i had to do some slight modification to it for a solid fit to keep it from vibrating all over the place. when i hit bumps.

it didn't come with any instructions but it was pretty easy to figure out. hopefully i can put some much nicer pix up in a week or so.

how it comes out of the box

my temporary setup after installing drag bars

bracket mounted, headlight hanging below

another angle

all done

right now its semi-gloss black, i want to get a face custom painted on it like an a-10, or i may just have it match the rest of the bike. I won't decide till spring.

look out for much better pix soon

EDIT: Here's a walk-around

See less See more
1 5
#14 ·
by drag bar caps do yo mean my risers? sorry, i'm not up on all the motorcycle terminology. I just bought the shortest risers i could find, they are standard threads so i had to put an insert in them to reduce the thread size and use a smaller bolt.

The instrument cluster is a B style clam shell... or whatever you call it, and the gauges mount is part of the cult werk kit. The kit includes the mount and the cowl/fairing.

one thing i didnt't mention is that you may need to extend your headlight wires a couple inches. I had an HID kit in before and i didn't realize that the stock wires are too short.

#15 ·
Thanks for the info....I guess it would be the riser. Now that I look at the mount more closely I can see the spot for the guage cluster.........how do you like the riding position with the forward controls and drag bars?

#16 ·
it's comfortable and it works, since i'm leaning forward, it's a lower profile, so it doesn't feel like so much wind pulling me off the bike. The forward controls are comfortable this way as well, wowever i still wish i had mids or rears so that i could shift my weight a little better for handling.

#17 ·
yeah mid controls seem like they would be a better position for handling......I have been thinking of switching to mids for a while and if I do go with drag bars I will probably just do it--for me the only option are the Kosman mids that fit the 03-05s, kinda pricey. Thanks again for the insight
Kev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.