Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Tab baffled!!!! Too loud!!

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Vambo 
#1 ·
Just finished installing a set of "slash cut" baffled on my 09AW

Wow! are they loud at freeway speeds. At idle they sound very good.

Any suggestions on how to quiet them down a bit more????

Thanks!

#5 ·
I disagree. My "loud" non baffled Tab turn outs have saved my life a handful of times from morons making erratic lane changes without checking their mirrors or over their shoulder. My neighbors don't care that they are "loud," I've asked a few of them, and they all said they don't even really notice it. As far as ny hearing goes, my "loud" pipes are a lot quieter than 95% of the equipment I operate at work on a daily basis. To be honest, I don't think the non baffled ones are very loud, let alone the baffled ones. Especially the kind that send all the sound out the back. I guess if you're that sensitive, pull them off and put the stock ones back on.

#6 ·
I have slash cut, baffled TABs on '06 A and they are loud on the highway but not unbearable. I also have the TAB tuner and I am running topless & my bike romps! Love my TABS. I assume you are wearing a 1/2 helmet - you can try a full face or even 3/4 helmet as each will reduce the noise (along with the suggestion of ear plugs).

#9 ·
i had extra baffle put in Tabs on my Muscle ..... still freaking loud BUT took away the deafening drone at 110 KPH ...... BEST thing i ever did

#12 ·
Definately agree that load pipes save your life... I haven't been riding all that long but when riding with stock pipes on my dx several people started merging without noticing me... Since putting on my non baffled slash cut tab mufflers people get out of the way and most times drivers and even passengers are already looking to see where I am before I am even next to them... Best safety feature the bike can have... Love them and sound great

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
If you email Tab Performance and explain to Justin that you need to tone them down a little he will give you 3 ways to go that all work and are not all that expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.