Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Hard start due to foggy nights?

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Vambo 
#1 ·
Has any of you experience this. Ill get off from work around 7ish, then try to start the rod, and it's having a hard time starting, then when I finally get it to start if I don't hold on to the throttle it will stall sometimes I even have to hold it down all the way to 4k rpm just to keep it alive. Then when I'm finally off I have to basically make the rod scream just to keep it from stalling.. After 20 minutes of riding then it will go back being normal again. I only have this happen twice and most of the time the bike gets wet/moist due to fog, any thoughts guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Something is wrong, either with the tune or EFM. The fact it rights itself when warmed up tells me it's an air/fuel problem, not enough gas/too much air when cold. There's no physical choke, it's in the fueler's programming. Check sensors and their connections (air box) and exhaust sensors and connections.

#11 ·
#4 ·
thanks for the reply guys, and heres what bothers me. yesterday i went home from work, i took it off the garage decided to try and go to the gas station and this time the rod is dry coz it was sitting on the garage, and guess what nothing seems to be wrong started just fine, revs like a champ, and its like it never had a problem, i seem to only get the problem when it stays too long @ night and collects moist and gets wet.:banghead: still undecided if i should bring it to the stealership.
@pecee sorry for being a noob, whats the iac port and iac motor that your talking about. where is it located and what exactly its purpose?

@Vambo thanks for clarifying about the choke, i was wondering about that. you said "Check sensors and their connections (air box) and exhaust sensors and connections." how do this sensors & connection looks like, and how would i know if theres something wrong with them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.