Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

adding switch for arnott air ride

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  phobby 
#1 ·
I was looking for a better mounting option for my arnott shocks switch. I was wondering if it it possible to use a switch housing from say, a touring harley like a electraglide and rewire the radio toggle switch on the left housing.

My thought was to use this toggle switch to raise and lower the shocks. I think it would look very stealthy.

I was just wondering if the switch housing would fit the bar. Then it is a matter of buying the switch and rewiring it. You could just use the left housing that is bigger than the standard vrod or wire another toggle to the touring type right side switch housing.

Any thoughts on doing this??

I've got a muscle if it makes a difference.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I have the switch, it works but, it's hard to reach while also holding the clutch and it doesn't look totally stock.

sent from my phone, expect bad grammer and typos.

#6 ·
Hmmm, that could be interesting. Do you have link ?

#8 ·
#9 ·
thetryal..i was wondering the same thing about where to place a switch.then one night i seen the frist post you made of this..got me to thinking lol..so i fond the same handle bar switch houseing in black on ebay .i used the left side.the lower hole had to be dremeled out to fit the swtch..and yes it works great !!i dont have pictures yet i work out shore and it will be a few weeks till i get home ..this is the mini switch i used..

#11 ·
Bristyle, looks great. Nice to know it can be done.

Does out have enough clearance when you turn the bars and not hit the tank?

#12 ·
My only concern about the radio switch is that it is likely electronic rather than electric. Meaning it is designed to pass a digital signal rather than 12v. I would be concerned that it may not be able to handle the amp draw. If you ran lower voltage through it and added a relay it may work.

#13 ·
It looks like bristyle used a mini toggle wired directly to the compressor.

#15 ·
I guessing you've had done saddle time with the switch.

any update, reviews, etc?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.