Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Is your dealer charging you for a Parts/Accessory catalogue ?

2K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  slim_b_kool 
#1 ·
My buddy from out of town wanted to call into the dealer locally and look wots in there.

So first, I got the holy water out and sprinkled it all over me to protect me.

While there I asked for a new parts catalogue and they said they are $10.00 !!!

I got it free last year and now $10.00. I dare say its because I dont buy anything off them anymore. (I have previously spent plenty with them though.)

Is this happening everywhere ?

#2 ·
The dealer I just bought my F from would not give me one. They gave me $2k in store credit but would not part with a book. Then last month I stopped at a different store (that tried to screw me on the same bike) and they wouldn't let me leave without one.

#4 ·
When I bought my bike they gave me one and even walked me through "how to use it". Also shared with me there are two different versions of the catalogue. One with prices and one without, the one without is for dealers who want to raise their prices.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Don't know whether mine is or not.Being an hour away and only buying one oil filter a year off him I'm probably not on his christmas list.When I first enquired about a new bike they were shoving catalogues etc at me and said they were all free.I thought wow this is off to a great start.When i got home and flicked through it it dawned on me why the salesman said if nothing else you can prop up the coffee table with it.About 25 pages of stuff relevant to my bike and about 3 with what I actually needed.Needless to say I bought the lot from US, bike second hand from a private vendor and the rest is history.

#6 ·
Catalog is free, here.

#7 ·
I requested one on the HD website for free about 2 years ago. I got one of everything they had in print. With a $25 rebate card if I spent over $150.

#8 ·
My dealer gave it to me for free when I bought the bike. I didn't buy crap but a rack for the Tour Pak. I'll stop out there to see if I can get a new one... I ain't payin'

#9 ·
Catalog was free here in Michigan and in Wisconsin. That is crazy. Go one with my new bike.

#12 ·
I got one free at dealership in Syracuse. Haven't heard the best things about them either. I ordered the owners manual, repair manual and oil filter and they had to add me to their system so they know I had never been there before. The guy gave me the catalogue and showed me where my bike info was. So far so good!

Ridiculus some dealers would charge for it. Very short sighted. Just from my dealer giving me that book I can see where I'm going to spend some money....probably a lot!

#14 ·
Thanks for adding the link....

My phone is better than your phone....

#17 ·
Got mine on its way. You can log on after signing up and opt out on the emails

My phone is better than your phone....

#23 ·
Will do..............someone got a link ?

EDIT: found link............

EDIT EDIT !!! Only for US...........

EDIT EDIT EDIT !!!! Theres a bike show on today and the HD trailor is there.......they might have some to hand out !!!!

#30 ·
Every time I go to my dealer they will give me a parts catalog and the screaming eagle catalog. I don't even have to ask. They know me by name and they know I'm in there spending money. I never go in and don't spend a couple of 100 bucks in the place. So the least they can do is give me a catalog. I'm more interested in the screaming eagle catalog to see if there is anything new out for the v-rod. If your dealer can't at least give you a parts catalog then I would find me a better dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.