Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Custom Paint

7K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  2XITE 
#1 ·
Here's a few shots of my bike parts being painted by Dave Searle from Diesel Designs here in Australia.
It started out as a Sedona orange bike and was sprayed silver for the base coat then air brushed and cut back in with black. It will have a red candy sprayed over the silver and flow coated with clear.
I will post more pictures when my airbox cover and my NLC radiator cover are painted.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Cost was next to nothing for me because he is one of my best mates.
I will ask him what he would usually charge and let you all know.
He mainly does race helmets and as you can see he's pretty handy all around. His work can be seen at www.dieseldesigns.com.au

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#7 ·
hey mate , not seen you on here for a while , LOOKS AMAZING , cant wait to see completed !!

#11 ·
Thanks for the positive comments.
I will post some pics of the airbox cover in the next 24 - 48 hours.
I guarantee it will be the best part on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#12 ·
Some shots of my airbox so far!!

Attachments

#15 ·
that is ridiculously good airbrush work.

#18 ·
oh WILD .... ya going for that post apocolyptic zombie thing ??

#20 ·
Yeah i had a few ideas and pictures i found of what i wanted and my mate is just piecing it all together for me perfectly.
I couldn't be happier so far.
I'm really looking forward for the red candy to go on!

#19 ·
Some more progress!

Attachments

#21 ·
It looks awesome. I'm fan of post apocalyptic and steam punk everything. That skull/gas mask motif on the tank is out of this world. Your painter buddy has some serious skills and talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#23 ·

Attachments

#29 ·
Oh wow mate , think I may have to ride over to Vic to check it out in person ... Us Aussies just keep raising the bar !

#30 ·
Haha keep travelling north to NSW there Paul I'm in Newcastle,
The photos don't do this justice. The pics were taken under a halogen light and it shows up a bit pink and a lot lighter than what it actually is.
The parts look nearly black with no light on them which is exactly what I wanted. Once there back on the bike i'll get some pics in the sun and in the shade to show the comparison.

#32 ·
hmmmmm ..... now thats a ride up to Newcastle !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.