Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

exaust chop

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Louis 
#1 ·
Hi i have a 07 vrscaw with a 2-1 vance and hines exaust. I was thinking of chopping 16 inchs of pipe out from the 2-1 yoke to the muffler does anyone know what ramifacations i might have if i do this. Does the power commander have to be altered.A guy told me it may change the back pressure an wreck the motor.. Your knowledge may help thanks......

#3 ·
I have gutted my stock mufflers (Modded) and did lose power,the power commander 3 helped a little (and is needed to correct any problems so you don`t hurt your motor),I then went to Big City thunder Monster baffles ,ask for Jim,he`s excellent,they cost me $100.00 took about an hour to put in (mainly from the pipes not ever being taken apart) what a difference it made was like night and day,they have several baffles to choose from ,I bought the baffles for mid range to hi rpm its loud but not to bad I do have a sound clip on here I posted about a year ago look thru the search function if you want to hear it.If you cut the mufflers to short it may be to loud for you,I just gave away a set of shorties without baffles,they were good for a short ride of about an hour,but after that it started to get to me,Good luck to you.

#4 ·
ive got a new set that i want to chop in a similar way also but was only going to take half that amount out.i think that pipe would look better and maybe help prevent it cracking at the headders and mid pipe as ive seen several do.a photo of an existing chopped pipe would be good to see.

#6 ·
Pipes should be tuned for performance. Change the length and you destroy the tuning and lose power. On the other hand most aftermarket exhausts for Harleys seem to be junk, so it may make no difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.