Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Help! VRSCSE dies under load.

782 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dpert1 
#1 ·
I used a lot of search and couldn't find anything so if this had been addressed before please point me in the right direction.

I just moved from Destin Beach, Florida to Colorado Springs (altitude change about 6k feet). During the move the bike sat in storage for about 2 months with almost no gas in the tank (required for moving company) and the batt disconnected. Before the move I just had the ECU replaced so any tune it had on it was lost, but it still has v-modded pipes. It ran relatively well but would hiccup once in a while. I had planned on just getting a new tune when I got here at higher elevation.

Went to start it for the first time today and it sounded awful, wouldnt hold idle and stalled a lot. I figured it was bad gas, got some fresh, and it helped a little (wont stall on its own anymore) but the idle still sounds rough and as soon as any load is put on it stalling occurs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#2 ·
Your custom map was not lost during the power down, it stays embedded in the ECU

Double check all the battery connections again.

Check for fuel misting in the tank, in the rare event you have a leak in the hose or fuel flange, also could test the fuel pressure at the pressure tap off the throttle body.

I do not think the elevation change would be causing this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.