Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

New bike! Need help!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Whip65 
#1 ·
Finally having my 2007 VRSCAW replaced after 4 years of doing without waiting on the lawsuit. I just bought a 2013 NRS today!!! Now that it's almost winter in Iowa...I know. But just found out a few months ago I have a terminal cancer so I had to get it now. It's going to be a cold ride!!! Anyway, it will be here Mon or Tues so I was going through the parts list of what I want to replace. I want or probably NEED the reduced reach bars to be comfortable. I loved the way my AW sat and was always told the reduced reach will put a DX pretty close but according to the product description it doesn't fit 12-later bikes. Does anyone know why they wouldn't fit? Or any idea on how to get the bars to an AW possition? I'm 6'3" but not the greatest back anymore and wouldn't be able to sit in a leaning forward possition for long. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
I guess, like me, riding takes your mind off your problems. For some reason I feel like riding up there and going for a ride with you. Maybe because I just got over a bad illness too. Hope for the best man and I hope riding keeps putting a smile on your face. I don't know exactly why motorcycling takes you to a better place, but for those of us that feel it - it sure does.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if the 1st response is correct about the reduced reach already on a 2013? I've never even sat on a dx of any year so I'm not sure. I guess I'll fing out next week how it sits a go from there, but if anyone already knows, please let me know. No one at my dealer could answer that. Kind of pathetic...

#10 ·
Thanks! I'm relieved about that. Except for the reduced reach pegs. I may have to change that out. I could've used extended reach for the pegs on my AW! I can't wait until it gets here!!! It was in the 60s yesterday and almost 70 today. Next week is suppose to be a high in the 20s and 30s! Just my luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.