Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2012 Sedona Orange mods (custom made rear seat, custom rear tail, etc..)

8K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  Teche 
#1 ·
Sorry its taken so long to post up the mods, I have had the bike since February 2012 and just turned over 6.3K last week. The seat was made by an upholstery shop here in Wisconsin named Vintage Stitch. I built the rear "tail tidy" myself utilizing scrap aluminum from work. The turn signals are Rizomas. I have since changed to a side mount plate and made brackets out of Lexan; bolted to the holes intended for the saddle bag supports with the factory turn signals. The grips and mirrors are Performance Machine. And of course, the best part is the Bassani Road Rage II exhaust system. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah very nice mate , loving the rear seat !!!

#4 ·
Nicely done! That seat is now functional......

#9 ·
Really like the grips and mirrors you chose ! I am still looking for options for my 2012 nrs rear signals so im following your mods with interest. I put my plate on the side and just cut the plastic holder off below the rear light , it looks much better but not as good as yours .

#11 ·
Here is the current setup:
-Side mount plate is adjustable in the vertical position (left to right) and can be flipped down to horizontal with the proper placement of the screws (pictured)

-Factory turn signals are held in place by a bracket made from 0.25" Lexan attached to the saddlebag support screw holes

-Also, the side mount plate has orange LED lighting to match the engine lighting I am installing this winter. The strip can be changed easily to any color including white for $10. The guy who created the plate mount sells the additional colors.

Attachments

#16 ·
Yes, nothing but positive feedback. The seat is extended about two inches as well so there is now enough space to grab the strap if she desires. Also, the "sliding off" effect is null due to the slight backrest (more of a back stop really) in the rear. It is a fiberglass pan underneath molded around the plastic the factory seat is attached to, so this new one can be removed just as easily as the OEM seat. My design :)

#42 ·
Great job on your mods, bike looks awesome. I'm particularly impressed by your rear seat design, I'm sure it made a big difference for the passenger's comfort. Since the extension is portable(removable), I wonder if you can re-fabricate another one and have another one made...for the right price? Maybe have the "butt stopper" a little higher also. No big deal if you can't... I thought I'd ask...ride safe.

AL

#30 ·
View attachment 321497

Inverted mirrors (not me in the picture haha!) had to throw that out there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Looks good man.

Im 6'2" and I have not had any luck inverting my mirrors, I have tried stock and now the tribal ones from HD, there is no way for me to get an angle that I can actually see anything at all other than my elbows or the concrete. I am wondering if those brackets that are being made to keep the OEM location of the signals and invert the mirrors would help, I could move the mirror out further with that. I would not use it for the signal though, I have already relocated my signals to the forks. Just wondering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.