Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

BAD V-R's 'R Project

102K views 627 replies 123 participants last post by  Daniii 
#1 ·
Well in the past, I have mostly posted pictures and text on my project bikes once they are complete. I thought I would post a thread at the beginning of this project and show ongoing progress until it reaches it's completion.

At this point I wanted to share the bike before I strip it and show the baseline dyno run (which had 103.31hp and 69.66fp tq) and weight (which was 620lbs with 1.5 gal of fuel).

I hope to have the bike and motor disassembled by the end of the weekend. Those of you waiting for some take-off parts, I will let you know when they are ready to ship.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Can't wait to see where you take this new project..... thanks for sharing!!

#5 ·
:thumb:

#8 ·
That is awesome Frank. I will be watching closely to see if I can steal some tricks from you:stilpoke: Can't wait to see the end result.

#9 ·
:popcorn

(Nice looking workshop)

#10 ·
well i can see its going to have buell wheels

#13 ·
Removing the motor

Well, here is the next installment. I have just removed the motor. While the manual only tells you to take off the left lower frame section, you can see that I actually remove both, I find it much easier that way.

Attachments

#16 ·
Ready to split the cases

Okay, quiting for the day. The top end, left and right sides are completely stripped. The motor is now upside down on a stand and ready to split the cases.

No bad fo one days work (started the work around 1:30).

Attachments

#19 ·
Not wasting any time are you? Thanks for the time you are spending to keep us posted.

#26 ·
Man, I wish I could be there...this would be like a Evolution Master Class! How educational!!! These pix are GREAT Frank! Please keep them coming!!!

:popcorn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.