Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Like New VRSCA

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  bazzinga 
#1 ·
I came here to look for aftermarket seat recommendations and found a cool community.

I recently inherited a 2003 VRSCA 100th Anniversary edition from my uncle. No one else in the family rides aside from my and my brother and he didn't fit it very well.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/SSoBQ

Bike is basically in mint condition had 374 miles on the odometer. I took it to Patriots HD in Fairfax VA and had them do a basic maintenance on it and inspection. They got me in without an appointment and finished the bike in a few days.

I used to ride a Kawasaki KLR-650 which I still enjoy, I was certainly missing out. The VRSCA is a fine machine, nice and fast and easy to ride.

Unfortunately it has been in the 40's and 50's the last two days, so I've been pretty cold. Going to try to ride until it gets down to the high 20's.

Gotta pickup a new pair of snowmobile gloves, then a windshield and a softer seat.

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow...very nice indeed...and you've got some awesome places to enjoy it there in Virginia...

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum! You will find just about anything you might need to know here (by using the search feature or asking). V Rod owners tend to work on their own bikes, but Patriot HD is very good. I live in South Riding, VA and have most everything you might need tools wise to work on your VRSCA. I would suggest buying a service manual right away (you can get a CD online for $10.00). This forum is full of great folks who are all afflicted with the same sickness (modification sickness). That said, you can and will benefit from other's experiences (both good and bad). Let's ride. Larry

#10 ·
Sundowner Seat and passenger back rest

BTW - I have a Sundowner rider and passenger seat that has a gel insert installed by Dr. Gel. I also have a luggage rack and 100th Anniversey passenger back rest. You can try them out to see if they meet your needs. My GF had a custom solo seat made for me last year and I always ride solo. Give me a call (703) 887-2722 or PM me. Thanks, Larry

#11 ·
Hit me up. I ride all the way into the mid 20's with just multi layers and no heated gear. I work long hours during the week and I am itching to go for a ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.