Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon

36K views 182 replies 41 participants last post by  freudie1 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, I just wanted to let you know I have teamed up with Procharger to build kits for the v-rods since they don't offer one. Protoype pics can be checked out at www.hennracingtech.com (they havent been updated in awhile but will get some new ones there this week. I have been working on this kit for about a year. It will be top of the line kit. If you have any questions shoot! I will try to get some pics up of the build asap!

#32 ·
Procharger

I frequent a number of car races and in the forced induction category (turbo, supercharger), in my opinion, Procharger dominates in the centrifugal category. Since any supercharger takes power to function, I would like to know what it will be rated for power output as compared to a turbo which takes very little if any.

#33 ·
the sprintex ones or jackson racing were under the air box looks heaps better and heaps cleaner. I will give you a word of advice please consider if you keep the intercooler where it is you will severely limit interest in fact I will go as far as saying it wont be economically viable for you to do so with the small amounts you are likely to sell. Googe the sprintex and TTS set ups they look a hell of a lot better and cleaner than this set up. Please dont take offence at these comments I would love to see more products for the VROD but that set up is just plain hideous.....

This post has been deleted
#35 ·
I've got some serious interest in this, but I'm starting from a BB build - obviously I was going for complete sleeper, but now I want (NEED!) more! :D Anything you can do to make it stealthy is a bonus for me, and given the overall styling queues on the V-Rod I think it would make a lot of business/marketing sense to design it to be as unobtrusive as possible. JMHO. I do like where this is going though.

#39 ·
it would be a major custom app. to mount it behind the wheel, there is no mounting locations along with when the bike is under load on the front it would crash because the thickness of the intercooler. I am running a 2" out of the supercharger to the intercooler and 2.5" out of the intercooler to the intake if you guys ever delt with forced induction you will know why. this kit is being built so you dont have to drill any holes for mounting purposes. trust me if I could I would put it there. last night I was able to move the blower in 3/4" closer. you guys have to remember anything can be done in a custom app i can cut into the bike, plastic anything you want but then it wont be bolt on and off and the price shoot sky high! as far as the cooling lines go i built them out of aluminum tube just like the factory ones to route around the intake nothing factory is used other than the overflow.
if you have any questions feel free to call me
Brian Henn
248-408-9207

#49 ·
Also actually looking at the intercooler a nice scoopy cover like on a slick airforce jet .would probably sit and cover up ok.just have to get the smooth angles and curves right.if I was to purchse one ,I'd have to have polished ss and chome. no black for this duck

#50 ·
the supercharger comes polished. i hope you will like the new intercooler set up. chroming aluminum is a horrible idea (retains heat) it still is on the right side but way more efficent with a forward scoop exactly how you are talking plus more compact. I will try to make it as rounded as possible but you have to remember the intercooler is a square....like i said anything is possible for the right amount $

#51 ·
Was only thinking of curveing the cover and feeding air rams maybe along the same curve as the frame tapering off towards the end don't curve the intercooler.with the dollars things .spend a few more getting it perfect And sell a lot more units overall.I know I'd be happy with that,buy perfection bolt it on and no modifying or upgrades needed

#54 ·
Brian,
Here is a link of the TTS supercharger that the member on the other side of the pond made

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144466

This is a earlier model, i believe there is a cleaner version (not sure). This kit could have been big but people were waiting for all the bugs to be worked out before spending thousands on a kit. He took this lack of sales as lack of interest. I would say that was not the case. If you come out with a kit and there seems to be little interest, keep with it. people are just waiting for it to be proven. If you can prove you have a quality kit that looks nice at a respectable price, i bet you could cut into the Trask market IMHO.

http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Supercha...x?kit_id=83fd9d54-1327-4267-a258-d23b9ecaee68

#55 ·
I mostly agree with blum except the bit of stopping production due to lack of interest .there was plenty interest .he said himself ,he had shelved finishing the vrod project cos he could sell more units easier for the m109 .he gets no respect from me for leaving the betas with a three quarter finished project. they paid good money in good faith for a.finished projectThe final smoothing out all little probs and clean up ready for.comercial sales never happened

There is a.market here ,and.all.we.need.is proof positive it works ,it holds together without something going boooom after some good.miles.and it looks good.ti ck these boxes and there will be buyers for sure.from my point of view .I live to far away for it not to be prooven before I buy it .

Drink more mothers and get cracking

#56 ·
If you look at that bike there are no radiator scoops or front plastic sheild they took them off, also the intercooler is only 2" thick which is not efficient and does not cool the intake charge. a minimum of 3" thick core is needed in my new set up i am using even thicker, the thicker the core the smaller it can be. All this knowlege i am stating is backed by procharger. The intake really isnt small if your saying that then i guess the throttle bodies are to small. Forced induction intakes are nothing like a n/a motor were you need velocity stacks or a certain runner lenght to get good power.

#58 ·
Yes, they paid a slightly discounted price ,and were prepaired to be the guineepigs,and along the way were ment to get the upgrades and fixes done for free till the unit was as good as it gets .as far as I'm aware .

Another thought for the.inlet .to the inter cooler .if u can't hide it ,maybe make.it a.feature and.stick it in a procharher. Billett ram like the ones.that used to be on the 671 blowers.where they say ontop of the.carbies
E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.