Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Sticky rear tire

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  teamwir 
#1 ·
What is the stinkiest 240 or 260 rear tire that is DOT.? MY stock Michelin sucks I can smoke the tire at any speed in first gear.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
tire life

It's not bad, many guys on hear that street ride are getting 5 to 7.5 K out of them. I primarily used mine for drag racing and got good life if I didn't do "John Force" style burn outs. The tire really doesn't need a long burn out to hook up but I seem to like pleasing the crowd. It could take all 125 ponies at the wheel and leave on the limiter at the track with out spinning, that’s at 20 psi.

#9 ·
:laugh::rofl::rofl2: did not catch that the 1st time through.

@20PSI I got my best MPH and didn’t spin. Each rider and bike will be different based on total weight and HP. 20PSI would be a good starting point if you are a bigger guy 200LBS or more, less if you are lighter. I adjusted from 20 based on track conditions.

#10 ·
One more vote to Conti Race Attack Custom

#11 ·
I looked up the tire and they have a Conti Race Attack Comp and Conti Race Attack Custom. Would there be a big enough advantage to the comp over the custom? I would guess the comp is a softer compound tire. I ran the Shinko hook-up on my old bike that was also street/strip and did not get very good wear. I switched to the Shinko Stealth and had no traction issues but better wear. It makes me wonder if the custom may work the same way vs the comp. I am running a basically stock 2013 Nightrod. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.