Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

VRSCE2 vs VRod Muscle

7K views 63 replies 32 participants last post by  Ozi-VRod 
#1 ·
Hi guys - new to HD & the 1130cc forum.
I'm considering either a 2006 VRSCE2 or 2012 VRod Muscle.
Would appreciate any comments/comparison on the two bikes.
Currently ride a Honda Fireblade.
Thanks
Ozi

#3 ·
I have a '12 Muscle, love it. My buddy has an SE2, he loves it. Both are really bitchin', choosing between the two really comes down to styling. of the two which style do you dig most?
If your concern is power, I wouldn't worry too much about that, between the 1130cc and the 1250cc the power difference is not much at all, hardly anything you can feel. The SE2 comes already heavily modified to get allot more HP out of it then stock. Just be sure obviously with any used vehicle purchase it's in good shape!

#61 ·
Hummmm ... the reason I found this forum was for this very reason myself. I've test ridden both ... like both ... just can't make my mind up when it comes to the mods I want to do to either ... back to reading this thread more

I am on a 1100 Honda Sabre at this time and will be keeping both bikes, after I finally decide.

#8 ·
the SE may hold a bit more value in the long run , but i love my F too !!!!

#12 ·
wow 2 of the worst looking bikes to ever have a revo motor in them, why not throw the R in their too just to make it complete?

If it came down to it I would go F, at lest you dont look ridiculous on this circus vehicle that the SE2 is with its Bird heads and Lightening Bolts EEEE SCARY LIGHTENING BOLTS!!!!

#14 ·
I would have to go SE you can knock the ugly off with a spray bomb. THe F takes a sledgehammer!!

#15 ·
Try to ride both before making the decision, the riding position is different, you'll notice it just from seating on them at the dealer... had to take the same decision when I got mine the same year the Muscle came out and choose the SE... Don't listen to these guys with their boring completely gray and black bikes, they're just haters with ugly bikes that call anyone else's ugly :D Take the SE if you want to have a different bike. If you want a mainstream bike that looks like anyone else's then take a black F... Now Let the games begin... :rofl:

:coff:

#19 ·
F for sure bro.

#22 ·
Well I agree with test ride both bikes. Me personally can'tsstand the muscle.! No adjustments with the handlebars! The seat is is not comfy at all. This is me personally.
I would love love love a SE!! Basically it's all done up so you really don't need to do anything to it but ride the hell out of it!
If you want a "basic run of the mill/plain as shit boring as all he'll go w/Anodized! Just as ugly as the muscle!
Just my personal opinion.

#23 ·
I would go with the Muscle..... But then again, I am biased since I have one already. I must laugh at some of the posts on here... If not for the muscle I would not have bought a Vrod... The muscle styling - look is the best for me.....

However, the best adviceis to test ride both if you can and go from there.

#30 ·
To answer the OP Question. Do some research Look at videos, Go ride them, Compare what it will cost to upgrade parts ETC. I am biased to the muscle and I even have a video or two of mine. Check the link in my SIGNATURE line below

#38 ·
:them: all the way. Even stock the Muscle is sick. When I first bought the bike I had a guy ask me how much did I pay for that custom bike. :D

#40 ·
:yak:

#35 ·
The VRSCSE2 hands down! Those who know, CVO. I will list some of the many reasons why. The VRSCSE2 holds its value a lot more, it is already 7 years old and is worth pretty much the same as a brand new V-Rod. All the chrome and beautiful airbrushed paint! I took 3rd place in the shop custom category at a local show with my VRSCSE, try doing that with a Muscle. The bike always draws a crowd of admirers, and SE is much more comfortable. Between the forward controls, the handlebars that come further back, and the width of the frame it's no contest. On the Muscle you are leaning forward instead of sitting upright like a cruiser. Like others have said sit on them and see how they feel to you. The power of them are the same. The Muscle does have the option of anti-lock brakes (if you want that), and the Muscle has a 5 gallon gas tank compared to 3.7 on the SE (but there is a 5 gallon aftermarket kit). Don't listen to Lux, he only likes his bike and thinks anyone who likes anything different is an idiot.

#39 ·
I happen to go tot he Harley dealer and there was a car and bike show going on. I didn't go with the intent of entering but the guy said park over here and fill out this slip. Well I happen to win 1st place. Only bike show I was ever in, so I'm 1 for 1 :) with my SE2.

My son has the flat black Muscle and I like that too. They are both good looking bikes IMHO and whichever you pick is a good choice. You have to decide for yourself. I didn't keep the SE2 paint job though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.