Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Powervision or SEPST?

8K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  rbabos 
#1 ·
I am facing a dilemma that I thought some group think from some of you experts might be able to help with. I am upgrading my exhaust and adding a tuner for Christmas. I have a limited budget so I am trying to get the most bang for the buck. Here is my situation so far:

1. I have pretty much settled on the V&H competition slip-ons. I would love the 2 into 1's if I can find them as cheap as the slip-ons.

2. I REALLY like the Powervision for the coolness factor and for the fact I don't have to hide anything else under the seat.

3. The SEPST has been around longer and has a proven track record.

4. I am not going to be able to even talk to my wife about getting a dyno for six months or more so I need a solution that will get me a good tune on maps.

5. When I looked at the Powervision, I noticed they only had maps for Tabs AND if I don't buy the pro version autotuner, I will have to settle for a mediocre tune (at least that is how I understood it after following some of the posts here) using the narrowband O2 sensors.

6. The SEPST is cheaper, and has been around long enough that I should be able to find maps for just about any configuration I run.

7. I want the flexibility to make mods down the road like running topless, etc.

Any thoughts for or against either tuner? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Now you are the third person I have read on the forum that specifically says to buy it from Fuel Moto. Are they the same price as others, and are their maps exclusive?

I was pretty unimpressed with what I saw on the Dynojet website for maps.

#4 ·
UPDATE: I ended up going with the V&H 2-into-1 Competition series pipes. I am strongly leaning toward the Power Vision. I am waiting until Monday to talk to the folks at Fuel Moto before I pull the trigger. I found the Power Vision for $429 at Revsports. If they can get close, I will go with them. If not, I will simply work with Dynojet for the maps.

#5 ·
fuel will be 499 i think, but they give you another year of warranty and if you need any adjustments they will fix the map and they have years of exp dynoing the vrod so they have tons of maps for any type of mod....i cant complain

#6 ·
Would you say the service and support was worth the $70 difference? I'm a tightwad, but I recognize that some things are worth paying a bit more for.

#8 ·
Awesome! Thanks Duc. Looking forward to talking to Jaime.

#9 ·
My $. 02 is get it where you can cheapest. Use auto tune and tune using the preloaded map. That's what I did and it worked out great. Really no use using email tunes anymore unless you just want to get in the ballpark quicker but it's not worth $70 IMO

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Well it looks like, from the description of your bike, I am going to have almost the exact same setup as you: 2-into-1, K&N, Power Vision. If it worked for you, I have no qualms with giving it a shot. Your 2 cents saved me $70. Thanks bro! If you come to Vegas, lunch is on me.

#13 ·
I went ahead and ordered my Power Vision from Indysuperbikes.com for $429.95. As reputable as Fuel Moto is, I couldn't see paying $70.00 more PLUS $14.00 for shipping. I got free shipping from Indy. My exhaust and tuner should be here by the end of the week. Sadly, my family insists they stay under the Christmas tree until the 25th. It's going to be a long December.

#16 ·
Wow...that's about what I paid at FM for it, Stage 1 airfilter kit, V&H Power Duals, and mufflers for my RG when I bought them all as a package.... :hidesbeh:

#14 ·
Rad that is awesome and right now i am not to happy with FM since I have sent Jamie two emails about a new map and I have not gotten a reply - I am getting a new exhaust and will need a map so a phone call is coming later

#15 ·
The email I sent Jamie was replied to by someone named Brian. Jamie might be on vacation or something. I'm really counting on the forum to help me with this Power Vision thing. I am totally beyond my knowledge level when it comes to understanding turnings and fuel maps and stuff. I've started reading the manual, but without the thing in hand, it's all Greek to me.

#19 ·
I just paid $400 flat for a Power Vision and $500 for the stage II cam kit. I'm running a custom 2-1 exhaust fabricated by a friend of mine. There basically straight pipes with a reversion plate to help with back pressure. VERY LOUD. been running without a tuner for some time now. Once I get everything installed ill be checking in with you guys for tips and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
Great deal on that PV. I got it and the 2 into 1 exhaust, but they sent me the wrong model exhaust so now I have to wait until next week. I installed the PV. It rocks.

#22 ·
#26 ·
Well the tuner is coming from Nevada so it should be here in a few days. Not sure where my friend is sourcing my cam kit. Are there places other than H-D that sells them??

#29 ·
I picked mine up from Scott when they were on sale, normally wanna say they run like 900. Yes I'm auto tuning my bike with the stage 2 cams. From what I could see from my dyno my afr is just about spot on, will retest again after I replace my broken throttle bodies.

#30 ·
Guys I just added the PV tuner to my bike VRSCF equipped with a K&N with the air ox drilled in the front to open it up and Vance and Hines Competition Slips ons. The bike ran great as the factory tune permitted the stock computer to adjust out all of the decel popping and it had great power. After loading the PV and the Tab slip on tune it seems to run a little less evenly. I have done 5 auto tune sessions with each session being saved over the previously "saved" tune. When viewing the maps on the power vision tuner airflow charts the stock tune in the midrange was at 14.6 and the tab tune in the midrange was at 14.5. After 5 sessions of auto tune the airflow chart was IDENTICAL to the tab tune with nothing changed ?!? Any input would be very welcome please !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.