Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

New engine from Lou Gerenser... great!

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Sam V 
#1 ·
I have 2 Destroyers and 1 of them had about 300 passes on it. It raced AHDRA VRD class and was high points western for 06, 07 and #2 for 08. It had the original clutch hub and original 2nd gear. When I drained the oil after letting it sit for 3 years there was metal shaving in it. So I decided to get the engine done.
I shipped the bike to Gerenser Motorsports in Indiana.
I actually made the 1st 1/4 mile passes on the bike this past weekend at the NHRA Race of Champions in Bakersfield. I used the new engine bike instead of the bike I have been racing to get to the Race of Champions because it has 250 passes on it and Lou said it was probably due.
The best pass made this last weekend was a 9.254 @ 141.
The bike is no where near dialed in but I had to leave it alone to stay consistant. It probably needs about another 20 to 30 pounds of clutch, I am only shifting it at 10,000 and only launching it at 7,700.
Lou, I am very happy with the engine you built for me. I will be sending the other 1 soon.
This bike is still "legal" for the AHDRA VRD class.

#5 ·
Lou is local to me and an awesome guy. Never buy from our local stealership, always go to Lou. He builds and tunes some crazy Vrods down there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
This is great, I too can vouch for Lou's work. Haven't had complete engine work done (yet), but looking forward to it. Unbelievable performance at 98 degrees/3300'. Just curious, any idea what the rider/total bike weight is?

#10 ·
Great performance indeed, congrats. I do have one question, though. Since when is removing the counterbalancer legal for VRD class racing?

#13 ·
Gerencer Motorsports
30855 Old US 20
Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 329-5452

If you're looking for V-ROD performance, Lou is where you'll find it. Great guy to do business with. He builds outstanding street and strip engines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.